Update on me

tammypa
on 8/21/08 4:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi everyone,
I want to thank everyone for all of their prayers and well wishes. Here is my update. I had a CT
scan on 8-7 which stated they thought I had liver cancer. I had an MRI on 8-18 and more blood work on 8-19. I met with my gastro doctor yesterday. He says that the MRI and blood work indicate a benign tumor. I had more blood work today. I meet with an oncological surgeon tomorrow. He will be setting me up to remove my gall bladder and do a liver biopsy at the same time. This should confirm that the tumor is benign.
So I will be leaving for Ocean City MD on Saturday with my aunt,uncle,cousin and his children.
It has been a roller coaster of a month - thanks to my OH friends for making it a little easier.
Now I am off to try out the roller coaster at the shore. The last time I went, I  got stuck in a ride and thought they would need the jaws of life to get me out. It was very embarrasing. This year I will be able to fit okay. That is a good feeling.
Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/08 4:42 am
Tammy you have had a roller coaster of a month...I am gonna keep you in my prayers and stay positive for you!
Enjoy your vacation and love that roller coaster!

**hugs**
Melanie B.
on 8/21/08 5:00 am - Doylestown, PA
oh my gosh Tammy. I will keep you in my thoughts. Maybe we can get a two-fer on our naughty livers.

dit657
on 8/21/08 5:09 am - Boothwyn, PA
Tammy - I'm so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery but at least you have some answers and will be in my prayers that everything comes out just fine - I'm sure it will.

I hope you can forget about this for the time being and enjoy your beach visit - I love OC, MD - its an awesome place. Have a great time on the roller coaster, too - I can't wait til I'm sure I can fit into comfortably to ride one again!! Heck, I'm looking forward to possibly not needing a seatbelt extender on the plane next week - that will be a huge WOW moment for me if I can pull it off.

Now go, relax and enjoy!! Keep us posted on how you're doing...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
SPatel4
on 8/21/08 5:28 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Tammy,
I wish you much luck tomorrow. It was great catching up with you at the Barix meeting yesterday. Take Care and enjoy your vacation!

Shilpa
DianeMarie
on 8/21/08 5:50 am - Delmont, PA
Tammy,

You are in my prayers.  I am sure that with all the hard work you've done, it will make everything you are about to go through a little easier.  Please keep us all updated and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:40 am - Lancaster, PA
Tammy I will continue to pray for you. It sounds like the prospects are very good though so that is a relief. I hope you go and enjoy your vacation and let this all stay behind for awhile.
bubble273
on 8/21/08 9:14 am - Levittown, PA
Sorry you've had to go through what you've gone through, Tammy.  But I'm glad you're okay.  Keep us updated on everything.

And have lots and lots of fun at Ocean City, MD.  That is my most favorite place.  I love it there and I haven't been in a few years.  I miss it and look forward to going back.  So say hello to OC for me :)

And have a blast on the roller coaster.  You will have enough room in that seat for two Tammys :)

Karen

Pam Hart
on 8/21/08 10:01 am - Easton, PA
Tammy,

Glad to hear you have decent info at this point.  I know it will be a little harder to do than anticipated, but do try to enjoy your vacation and enjoy all the new experiences you will be able to have.

Also please keep us updated, and the prayers and support are continuing, have no doubt!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/21/08 11:06 pm - PA
Tammy - I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way :) Hope you have a great time in Maryland. And there will definitely be no need for the jaws of life this year! You look fabulous!! Keep us posted on everything :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views