Who's getting their excersise groove on??Thursday Edition

lauraanne715
on 8/20/08 10:01 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning Everyone!!

Well here we are another bright and sunny day!! Hope you get the chance to enjoy the sunshine!!

Yesterday I wound up with a severe headache so I missed my treadmill workout today however, I think I am just going to do some yoga and then some additional stretching my knee is achy and I want to let it rest for a day.  I am actually headed back into my classroom for the day but I should not be climbing up and down and jumping off of desks!! LOL  Just need to put some finishing touches on the room!

So my plan today is yoga...what is on your excersise agenda??

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 8/20/08 10:19 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning - I am proud to say I did make it to the gym last night and did 30 minutes on the bike then my circuit training - felt good. This morning I got up and did another 30 minutes on the bike (think I'll have to start going by time rather than distance since the gym bikes are totally different than mine at home for mileage). Anyway, I did get up and get that done. My knees are a bit achey today - probably because I rode twice yesterday for 30 minutes each time then the other stuff last night.

Also took a nice walk with the dog this morning. Tonight is a major grocery store trip since I'll be gone next weekend and have to make sure the house is stocked for my hubby and mother while I'm away - big store - I'll get a lot of walking in!

So that's what I did today - who's next??

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
krisreichwein
on 8/20/08 10:43 pm
Good Morning,
       I am here to ask for a little motivation!!   I am five months out and have lost 82 lbs!!  I feel great- not to toot my own horn but I am looking pretty darn good too!! LOL
       I am now having a hard time to get myself to exercise anymore- I work at home...I don't get out all that much- I want to exercise- I think about exercising- I need to lose 30 more lbs to be in normal BMI range- ( my next goal)  I have alot of exercise tapes- rowing machine, total gym, treadmill- Yes I have the stuff but I am bored. I feel like I am by myself- I have NOT exercised in 2 weeks- MY DR ( PUPKOVA )  is very insistent about weight training- I have the total gym- have not used it yet but I have it and yes it is collecting dust!!  My friends all say they will help or do it with me- I call or try to set things up... but it always falls through!!!
        I have been informed of a new gym- Planet Fitness- I went on- sounds great- and it is affordable- but for me right now it is not- my son is going to Roman Catholic and it is an addtnl $500/ a mnth that we cannot  afford- every dollar counts for us right now!!  
HELP!! I live in Northeast Philadelphia... Burholme- Fox Chase area  if anyone is close by contact me- maybe we can workout together or go for walks... Northeast High School is about a mile or so down the road along with Pennypack Park with trails to walk!!!  I need an exercise buddy..

Thanks for listening,
Kristen
[email protected]

dit657
on 8/20/08 10:59 pm - Boothwyn, PA
It sounds like you've done great so far - I think everybody falls into a work-out slump at times - the key is to not let it go on too long. Working out alone can be lonely - I wish I had a work-out or walking buddy - well, my walking buddy is my dog - he's cute, but not very good at conversation!!

Planet Fitness is very cheap from what I understand - not sure your budget would allow it right now tho. Do you have an iPod or MP3 player? Music is a huge motivator for me - I make up exercise playlists on my MP3 for when I ride my bike - I start out with a slow song to warm up, then pick songs that are faster and have a good beat to really get my legs pumping. Then I'll throw a slower on in, then ramp up again and finish my cool down with a slower one. If I didn't have that unit I would never get on the bike - it would be too boring.

If you don't have an iPod and want one I'd look at places like Overstock.com - a lot of times they'll have refurbished units that are pretty cheap. I don't pay to download songs - I've copied music from my CD's.

My daughter had a total gym once and loved it - I was always too large for one of them - but I understand they give you a good work-out.

Don't count on your friends to get you motivated - motivate yourself!! Remind yourself of how far you've come and how much more you want to lose, because you know its going to take more work and dedication now than it did before. You'll do it!!

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 10:36 pm - Eastern, PA
Good morning guys.

I mixed things up a little today.

I did a 30-minute fast walkon the treadmill, then ran hard for 6 minutes, which had my wheezing and puffing, so I switched over to the elliptical to finish off my second half hour.

I think I'm going to start building up my run endurance. As long as my knees can take it, I'm going to do some hard running every morning.

Keep up the good work. :)
BlancheJackson
on 8/21/08 1:51 am - Butler, PA
It's such a beautiful day!

I took my beautiful granddaughter and went walking for 1.6 miles.. for the 3rd day in a row!!

Now, if I can just keep it up, I'll increase the distance a bit each week!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Shannon O.
on 8/21/08 3:04 am - Reading, PA
I'm not doing a thing today lol... we were at Hershey Park from 11am to 6pm and my feet are killing me... so I plan to live through all of you today for working out... well back to the couch to rest my feet lol...

joldaker
on 8/21/08 3:25 am - West Bradford, PA
I have been working out with my friend Denise for the last three days. Tuesday I did 1 mile on the tread climber and burned 579 cals. Yesterday I did 1 mile on the treadmill and burned about 360 cals. This morning I did 1.5 miles outside. I ran some and walked quickly some of each work out. I then followed each work out with 15 minutes worth of laps in her pool. Tomorrow will bring more running I think.

Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
dit657
on 8/21/08 3:50 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hey Jen - I just looked at your new pix - they're awesome!! You look wonderful and are going great!! I'm sorry I haven't been to any of Debi's meetings lately - evening schedules are tough. I'm really hoping Dennis can pull off a Saturday meeting at Barix so I can see everybody! Keep up the great work!! Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views