OT update on my nieces

Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:57 am - Lancaster, PA
I appreciate your post and your thoughts. It is very hard for everyone but most things worth doing in life are, you know this first hand.
Laureen S.
on 8/20/08 11:07 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole,

Having been a rebellious and somewhat troublesome child to my Mom, I can tell you that your Sister and her her husband's dedication to getting their children the right help, is a very good thing and while the girls are probably "hating" them now, later in life will likely be a very different story. 

My cousin had to put her 15 year old son in a school in upstate New York, a rehab type of school based on 12 steps, even though he was not into drugs, and he has been there for about 9 or 10 months now and has down a complete 180, it took a good 6 months, which is what the counselors there told her, but this kid who was cutting himself, not going to school, could not look you in the eye when he spoke to you is like a totally different young man now, so these things take time, but they work.  Last, but not least, look at me, I turned out ok (lol)!!!

I will send out prayers and positive vibes for all concerned!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:58 am - Lancaster, PA
thank you. You absolutely turned out ok. We all have a different path to greatness LOL. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views