OT update on my nieces

Nicole0216
on 8/20/08 6:30 am - Lancaster, PA
I posted about this last week and got alot of good responses. I appreciate everyone who wrote and who said a prayer. My step neice is being admitted to the youth rehabilittaion center today. Her parents are a mess and she is not making it easy, they are concerned she will be a flight risk. my other niece had an appt with a psychiatrist yesterday and they are trying to stabilize her and her OCD. Please continue to pray and thank you for all you have done so far.
Pam Hart
on 8/20/08 10:28 am - Easton, PA
Nicole,

Thanks for the update.  I'm sure your step niece's parents are a mess - and to be truthfully honest - most rebellious teens ARE a flight risk - but that's the beauty of youth rehab programs.  They are trained for that kind of thing and will take the necessary precautions.  Also glad your other niece is able to see someone.

I'll keep thinking of them!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:55 am - Lancaster, PA
thanks Pam I am sure you see a fair amount of psych admitts in the ER.
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 12:33 pm
I can only imagine how hard this is for your sister and her husband.  I refer a lot of families on to troubled youth residental programs, but never hear the outcome.  I hope it works out for her.  Kee us posted.

HG
Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:55 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Heather. I do too but like you I have never seen what actually happens so this should be interesting.
dit657
on 8/20/08 9:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Great thing about prayers - there are always plenty to go around. My niece went thru several of hell and put her parents and all of us thru it as well, but she is now straight and clean, married and doing well. Never, ever give up hope. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:56 am - Lancaster, PA
I agree with yuo there are plenty to go around. Thanks for the info on your niece that is good to hear.
tammypa
on 8/20/08 10:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Nicole,
Thanks for the update on your family. Her parents need to remember that they are doing what
is best for the girls. The girls may fight them and make it difficult - but this is what is best for them. I will continue to pray for them. Tammy 

Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:57 am - Lancaster, PA
Thank you Tammy. They know that this is the best thing so even though it is hard they are committed. Your thoughts are appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 10:41 pm - Eastern, PA
I will keep your sister and her family in my prayers. Sounds like an incredibly challenging situation, but it sure seems like they're commited to doing the right thing for their girls, which is great.

You're a good sister for supporting her like this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views