A little confused!

BlancheJackson
on 8/20/08 1:40 am - Butler, PA
About 4 months ago, I was walking nearly every day on the treadmill... it was difficult for me to manage 3.7 mph.. I really had to pu**** then.. no walking for months.
Yesterday, I found a wonderful developement with sidewalks only about 1/2 mile from my home, so I've started driving up there.. parking and walking!!...  Today I took my granddaughter in her stroller.
I mapped out my route and it's 1.6 miles.   Tell me how on earth.. pushing a stroller.. I can walk that in 32 minutes??????

I timed it, and it's blowing my mind. She and I really enjoyed the walk this morning, so I'm going to try to make it our daily ritual... up, breakfast, walk, then her nap.  Then... some MEEEEEE time!  he he

This evening, I'm going on a bike (Honda CBR 600 RR) ride with a friend.. looking forward to it. I don't ride often enough.. usually only about once every two weeks!  Since my daughter's fiancee just got a bike.... at least now I'll have someone close by for short rides!  She's not so happy about that, but what can ya do? LOL

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Nicole0216
on 8/20/08 2:37 am - Lancaster, PA
good for you. Have fun on your bike ride i wish i was not too chicken to ride.
keri2008
on 8/20/08 2:52 am - PA
That's FABULOUS!!!  You are rockin'!!  LOL.  I can't wait until I can do a walk like that AND ride a bike!!!!  I haven't ridden a dirt bike in about 6 years because of the weight and a motorcycle even longer.  I would LOVE to do both when I start losin'!  Keep it up and keep posting, it's so great to read this, congratulations!!!

Keri
ldillabough
on 8/20/08 4:42 am - Burlington, NJ
Blanche,

I started walking in my developement recently too.  One of my freinds called me to be funny and told that there was a speed limit of 2mph on the sidewalks and that he clocked me going 5mph and if he caught me going that fast again he would have to report me.  Wish I was going that fast.  I want to buy a bike, but the one I want has two big wheels in the back, one designed for an old lady like me.  I also want a big orange flag to attach to the back.  I thought that would add a nice touch.  Keep up the good work!

Lisa
BlancheJackson
on 8/20/08 10:38 am - Butler, PA
Lisa...  age?? old??? no way.. I'll be 47 in Nov... I ride a crotch rocket, also a 21 speed bicycle, and walk whenever I can...... you can do what ever you want.. age is only a number.  I do more now than I ever did when I was "Young". The only thing I haven't tried again is snow skiing... I used to love it, but I think my knees are too damaged now to do it well... and I used to do it well!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views