Special Prayer Request

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/08 10:48 pm
One of my closest friends/coworkers that I have known for 10 years found out this morning that her 5 year old niece needs to have surgery today or tomorrow for a large tumor that was discovered in her abdomin yesterday.  The surgery will be done at AI Dupont in Wilmington.  I believe the type of tumor she has is called a teratoma, which is often present at birth, but isn't found until later.  She was soooo excited to start kindergarten on Monday, which will now need to be delayed for a bit.  They haven't told her or her 8 year old sister yet, but will probably today.  Any prayer or good vibes you can send Kate's way would be appreciated.  It's hard enough when an adult has to go through something like this, but when it is a child, it is 1,000 times worse. 

Thanks!

HG
Liz R.
on 8/19/08 10:55 pm - Easton, PA
Poor little girl! Praying for an uneventful surgery and a benign tumor!

All my best

Liz
ldillabough
on 8/19/08 11:21 pm - Burlington, NJ
Heather,

She couldn't be in better hands, the folks at Dupont are top notch.  Your niece and her family our in my prayers and thoughts as they go through this difficult time.

Lisa
Laureen S.
on 8/19/08 11:23 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Heather,

My prayers are with the family of your co-worker, for this sweet little child to come out of this healthy and ready to start the rest of her life. . . 

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Mary Benford
on 8/19/08 11:33 pm - Emmaus, PA
I'll certainly be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers!!  Best wishes for an uneventful surgery.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/08 11:55 pm
Prayers sent! Hope all goes well~
Pam Hart
on 8/20/08 12:05 am - Easton, PA
Oh Heather - what a sad story.  I will be thinking of them - please keep us updated on how everything goes!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 8/20/08 12:07 am - Pottstown, PA
Prayers are being prayed for the little girl!! Hope all goes well!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

EileenWalton
on 8/20/08 1:18 am
Prayers and good wishes headed her way.
Eileen

bubble273
on 8/20/08 2:01 am - Levittown, PA
Oh, Heather, I'm sooooo sorry.  Children should not have to go through these things at all.  It's just heartbreaking.  I am sending some awesome vibes her way and will keep you and your friend's family in my prayers.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views