Who's getting their excersise groove on?? Wednesday Edition

lauraanne715
on 8/19/08 9:42 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning Everyone!!

Okay so I have a few things to do in the a.m. and then I will be hitting the treadmill for my hour later today and I will possibly do some weight work for my arms as well.  We will see. My knee is only a bit achy from working in my classroom--but I didn't go up and down so much in the classroom yesterday off my chairs and desks! 

So treadmill at a lower intensity for one hour is the game plan for today!  What is on your excersise agenda today??

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 8/19/08 10:41 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning Laura - I had a great work-out on the bike this morning - went 7.10 miles with lots of tension and it felt great! Probably could have gone longer but had to get off sometime and get in the shower. Pretty soon I'll be pushing that alarm back to 4;30 - ARGH.

Tonight I'm going to the gym - will get some more bike time in and my circuit training - didn't make it last night - a good friend stopped by with 3 huge bags of clothing for me!! She's lost 75 lbs and had a ton of 2X and 1X stuff to give me - beautiful jackets and slacks - some still had the tags on! I will pass them along as I pass thru them because they're all so well made.

That's my exercise for today - who's next??

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 1:38 am - Eastern, PA
I am!

The routine I had been keeping for a long time saw me doing an hour of cardio on the elliptical M-F before work, then an hour of weight training on the universal machine M,W,F over lunch.

Well, for a variety of reasons including: being lazy and sleeping in later than I should have and the inability to get away from my desk during busy work periods, my faithfulness to my regimen has been not at 100%. It certainly wasn't horrible, but I felt lazy and doughy, and wasn't happy at all with myself. I also felt some fatigue and workout boredom setting in, so it was time to shake things up a bit.

M,W, F I'm out of bed at 4-4:30, which gives me time to zombie around the house a bit, get my coffee, check my e-mail, read drudge, get my lunch ready, and still be at the gym and working out by 6:00. I do my weight training from 6-7, then cardio train from 7-8. Then I haul my smelly carcass into the shower, get cleaned up and start work by 8:30. It's a tiring two hours, but it leaves me free over lunch during busy times.

Tuesday and Thursday, I will allow myself to sleep in a little longer (5-5:30ish), and get to the gym by 7:00 for an hour of cardio and a shower before my trip upstairs to my office.

Additionally, instead of using the same elliptical and program everyday, I'm rotating back and forth from the one where your arms move, and the one with stationary bars. I'm also switching up the programs on each one. As long as I'm hitting about 800 calories burned in an hour, I'll repeat the program. Anything much less than that, I'll toy around with speed and resistance to get it up to where I want it to be.

And on the weight training side of things, I have incorporated a full free-weight regimen, which I alternate with my universal machine workout. It helps me work out different muscles, and helps keep things fresh and interesting for me.

So, I'm right there with you. Keep up the great work, and thanks for starting all of these fitness threads.

lauraanne715
on 8/20/08 2:31 am - Pottstown, PA
Wow! Norm Way to go! Your routine sounds great and very intense!  I am still working up to more intensity in my workouts...I think slow and steady will get me there eventually though!  Great post thanks!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views