How I'm Doing. . .

dit657
on 8/20/08 3:29 am - Boothwyn, PA
Glad you haven't disappeared totally - been wondering where you ran off to. I'm not nearly as far out as you are but you've done absolutely amazingly so far - please don't dispair and get discouraged (like Pam said, easier said than done), but you will break this stall and you will lose more weight. You will never be that other Laureen again - you know you've come too far and worked too hard this time. Please try to stay positive and focus on the wonderful things that have happened to you since WLS, and I know that stinking scale will start moving again. Take care - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/20/08 3:33 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

A great big hug for your kind encouraging words!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bubble273
on 8/20/08 4:21 am - Levittown, PA
Hey Laureen,

So glad you're back.  I've missed your beautiful smiling face on these boards.

You hang in there, girlfriend!!!  I know you'll do it.  You're still early out, not even a year, like me and I know there is still losing in your future.  I know that Nan really changes things up a lot of the time and maybe you should really talk to her about this situation.  I think she will be able to help you a lot.  And talking to someone is always a good thing.  I still go, though I don't really talk about my weight issues, as of yet that is.  It was mostly things happening when I was dealing with me and my husband.  But I know that if I have a problem about the weight loss that I can always talk to her.

Stay strong and stay confident...the weight will come off!!!  See you tonight.

Karen

ldillabough
on 8/20/08 4:30 am - Burlington, NJ
Laureen,

Dennis is going to be talking about stalls tonight a the Barix post-op support meeting.  There may be some good information for you there.  Hope you can make it.

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 6:20 am
Laureen, 

I was wondering where you have been just the other day...Now I know! 

Being one of the new babies of Dr. P I am not sure what else to offer that other have already said about chanign up foods and exercise. 

What I can comment on is that I think talking to a therapist is an awesome idea I went back to mine after a two year hiatus when I thought about doing this surgery. He told me straight out that 2 years ago I would never have been ready for this change but I was now. I still go once a month I call it my tune-up and this weight loss is a big topic. I struggle with the "attention" factor and fears of failing. It is one of the best hours of my month these days I can vent it out so I hope you can find somone to help you with that aspect.  Plus you always have all of us for support. 

From the very beginning you were someone that always had that supportive shoulder and advise when I felt I was stumbling. Be strong you will reach goal! 

**hugs** 

Laureen S.
on 8/20/08 10:32 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks Beth for your kind words of encouragement, it was great seeing you last night, you are looking awesome girl!  The support here and the meeting at Barix shored me up some. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

tammypa
on 8/20/08 10:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Laureen, You do have to stop beating yourself up. You look great and are healthier than you
were before this journey started.  I think you need to keep thinking about the positive side of
everything. You have worked hard and you should be happy for all that you have attained. So
you are in a stall right now - it will pass. Listen to the vets advice and see what happens by
chanfing your food and exercise routines. I think the fear is a good thing. We have all failed before or we would not be here. Now you have the tools to keep you on track. We are all here for you. I met u at my first meeting and you were so kind to me. I don't think I would have come back to the next meeting if it were not for you. Thank you so much, Tammy 
Laureen S.
on 8/20/08 10:37 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Tammy,

You are soooo sweet and I really appreciate all the support and kindness of this board, as well as our Barix support and if I help anyone at all, that is an added bonus, but your last sentence really was something special to me, because I simply try to treat others the way I want to be treated, so if that brought you back I am thrilled, because even though I had a hard time remembering your name at first (lol), it was always great to see your smiling face!

Hugs, Laureen

birdgherl
on 8/21/08 2:51 am
Hey Laureen,

From one MIA to another, I feel your pain. I am at about 88 lbs down in 13 months and have been stalled for so long. I used to drop sizes each month and I am stuck, stuck, stuck in a 14. I sometimes get SOOOO frustrated. And everyone and their brother wants to tell me about someone they know who gained all the weight back plus some more. It's sometimes very hard to be encouraged! I probably spend way too much time comparing myself to others who have lost more in less time.

I try to focus on the great things that have happened...like I am in a size 14 instead of a 26! I can walk and run without pain. I don't have any medical issues. I have not experiences any negative side effects from the surgery. I eat SO much more healthfully. I have more energy etc.

I know you will find the strength and the courage to continue on, and as they say, this too shall pass.

I hope all is well and hope we catch up at a support group sometime soon.

Kathryn
Laureen S.
on 8/21/08 5:45 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for coming and sharing your feelings on this very frustrating subject, which we discussed at great length last night.  Basically the things that were said, was that to break a stall, we need to change up our routines, what we eat, what activities we do, etc., so I'll try some of what was suggested and see if I can't move those numbers, either the scale or the clothes size, I'll take the clothing size for sure (lol)!!!

It certainly helps to know that I am not alone, which is the value of our support, both here and the groups.  I, like you, try to focus on all the good stuff that has come as a result of having had WLS, and while I recognize that things slow down, sometimes I can't help looking around and feeling like I must be doing something wrong. . .  anyway, it's not over until I take that last breath, which now that I'm healthier, will be a long time from now (at least I hope so ;)). . . 

I have missed seeing you and hope to see you sometime soon!

Hugs and best wishes on getting past your current stall too!  Laureen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views