Special prayers needed!

ldillabough
on 8/19/08 11:52 pm - Burlington, NJ

To everyone out there!

I often see postings asking for prayers for family members that are sick.  I need some help in this area.  My older brother Bill has Bone Marrow Cancer.  They had extracted Stem Cells from his hip a few weeks ago but it wasn't enough.  He's goes back in today and they are going to put a port in his chest in hopes to get the rest of what they need.  This is not only very painful but they will also be destroying his immune system at the same time.  I went to see him on Monday, he has turned completely gray and walking ackward because of pain from stress fractures as a result of the cancer and weaken state of his bones.  It is so hard to see him like this.  My brother was always the athletic one, always eating healthy - everthing organic.  So, if you can add him to your prayers today I would be extremely grateful!

Lisa

Pam Hart
on 8/20/08 12:06 am - Easton, PA
You got it Lisa!  Your family and you will be in my prayers today!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ldillabough
on 8/20/08 12:23 am - Burlington, NJ

Pam,

Thanks!  It's nice to knew that this support system is out there.

Lisa

lauraanne715
on 8/20/08 12:08 am - Pottstown, PA
Your family is in my prayers and thoughts !!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

ldillabough
on 8/20/08 12:25 am - Burlington, NJ
Laura,

Thanks so much for your support at this difficult time.

Lisa
Laureen S.
on 8/20/08 12:23 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lisa,

Prayers will be said and positive thoughts for him as well as your family.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

ldillabough
on 8/20/08 12:37 am - Burlington, NJ
Laureen,

Thanks for your prayers.  I should have included my mom in these prayers. I just got off the phone with her and she is a mess.  This is the second time my brother has battled cancer.  We almost lost him when he was 25 when we found that he was laten stage 2 Melanoma.  He was given a 30% survial rate. but he bet it.  This second cancer is not related to the frist.  I've been on the computer all morning to avoid stress eating.  Thanks again for your support.

Lisa
EileenWalton
on 8/20/08 1:20 am
Prayers and good wishes headed his way.
Eileen

ldillabough
on 8/20/08 4:03 am - Burlington, NJ
Eileen,

Thanks so much!  I know he isgoing to need it.

Lisa
bcutekitty
on 8/20/08 1:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Prayers being sent your way!i know how it is when one of your family members are going thru this my mom fought breast cancer and boy was it scary for us,good luck to you and your family 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views