Am I the only one??

tanya72100
on 8/20/08 2:06 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Hey Shannon!! How the heck are ya feeling??? Thanks for the encouragment. How are ya feeling?? Glad to see you are in better spirits.

Shan08
on 8/20/08 5:52 am - the Skook, PA
Get this: small world!
I just took my daughter to get her haircut for school.
They know I just had surgery.
The one stylist went on to say how her friend Tanya is getting the surgery soon at Geisinger.
Hmm, I thought... that's a coincidence.  So I asked if her friend was from Haven.
Sure enough... it turned out she was talking about you! 

So anyway, yesterday was my 1st decent day.
Word of advice for post-op, remember to cut the Zantac (or the medication that starts with an "R")  in half and take it that way.  Crushing it made me veryyy sick and then I got all worried that something was very, very wrong.  Toni (nurse) recommended it, and since then it's been so much better for me.  Do NOT cru**** it WILL make you sick alllll day.

Oh, and USE the abdominal binder like it's your job.  LOL... it helps a lot with the pain, esp if u have a heavy belly like I do.  Oooh, and the self-injections pretty much suck, but you do get the hang of it.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
tanya72100
on 8/20/08 6:12 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
We you at Trio Salon???? My katie bug works there. She and I are super good friends. She is actaully gonna be helping me somewhat after surgery!! She an awesome hairsylist. I hope thats who were talking about because thats the only one i really now around here that does hair!!!

Oh and whatta mean Self injections?? Of what??? Im confused. No one said anything about this.
So the binder is a good thing?? Good to hear!!!

Glad your doing well.

Shan08
on 8/20/08 10:03 am - the Skook, PA
Hmm, well, you'll need daily injections of Lovenox ( a blood thinner to prevent blood clots). 
And you're sent home with them... so you gotta give yourself one in the tummy everyday.

BUT ya know what I just thought of... I had the OPEN procedure, so you probably won't even need them!!  I'm sorry if I scared you :o(

And yes, it was at Trio !

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Nicole0216
on 8/20/08 2:44 am - Lancaster, PA
this is a scarey and emotional time. We are not the best at dealing with our feelings or we would not be where we are, so this is the fall out of that,. Try and be a little patient with yourself and apologize profusely daily to those you love. You will get through this.
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 6:23 am
You are not alone ...It is all the emotions I went crazy with thought prior to surgery but someone told me they would worry if I was not that way.

You are making a change of a life time but so worth every minute! Ride the wave of emotion and they will be there after surgery for awhile some days I would just burst out in tears for no reason.  Then things quiet down ....Hang in there and we will be waiting here for you on the loser's bench with support when you need us.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views