Am I the only one??

tanya72100
on 8/19/08 10:59 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Ughhh, I feel like a huge ball of emotions. Im snapping at people. My poor BF is probably ready to give me the boot. Im moody, grumpy, sad and crying. But at the very same time excited like you wouldnt believe. I have 9 days till surgery. Is this at all normal??? I need something. Maybe some strong drugs!!! Any suggestions for dealing with all these emotions. I feel like i could cry at the drop of a dime. Ughhh.

Laureen S.
on 8/19/08 11:20 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Tanya,

It is perfectly normal to have mood swings going into this.  Part of this process is knowing that we are going into a place where we can no longer use food as a crutch and it having been a best friend for so long is kind of scary to think about how we will now cope without it.  You can also be experiencing some hormonal changes too. . .  Fear and anxiety makes us do funny things, I think you might be experiencing some of that now. . .  and just so you know, you may experience more of this roller coaster of emotional stuff post-surgery.  You are normal!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lesley G.
on 8/19/08 11:23 pm - Allegan, MI
I hope it's normal, because my surgery is on Monday and I am going through the same thing!  Actually, I have to say that as the day gets closer, the hyper-emotional stuff seems to be getting better, and I'm feeling more and more excited, which I didn't think was possible!  I also feel like I'm working with half a brain this week, and I am hoping that that is normal too.

Best wishes for your surgery -- we'll both be on that Loser's Bench very very soon!

Lesley
lizziebug
on 8/20/08 12:19 am - Bristol, PA
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! See you tonight!
Lesley G.
on 8/20/08 12:22 am - Allegan, MI
Thank you!  See you later!
lizziebug
on 8/19/08 11:59 pm - Bristol, PA
A few weeks before surgery I could cry if I saw an ant get stepped on. It is normal. Stay positive! That is the best advice in the world!
keri2008
on 8/20/08 12:04 am - PA
You are TOTALLY NOT the only one.  I started crying yesterday about something ridiculous but couldn't stop it.  I feel like I'm on a HUGE rollercoaster but I'm wearing a blindfold!  I can't even get ready for the dips and whoops.  Keep posting here, everytime I feel really down or PANICKY I come here and read.  It really helps me even out and to see I'm not alone.  It has gotten better - I'm on day 4 of the liquid diet - 7 days until surgery.  Yesterday was the worst so far, I really felt like I had a hundred people screaming in my head - eat taco bell, don't eat taco bell.  I didn't.  Went home, had a protein shake, took a hot shower and cried (again).  ROFL.  We're in this together girl!

Keri
Pam Hart
on 8/20/08 12:04 am - Easton, PA
No, you are far from the only one.  And I must say - it can sometimes get worse AFTER surgery - so hold on for the ride of your life.

You are recognizing you are a bit fearful - and that is to be expected.  Remember what Dennis once said to me "You made this decision when you were sane.  Before the emotions, fear, everything else got in the way.  You did your research, you knew what was best for you - now stick to that"

Be nice to the BF when you are in your good moods - and explain your feelings to him - and appologize in advance for any comments that the "other you" may come out with.  That's what I did with Hubby.  He got pretty used to me and my psycho self.

Hang in there - you will be ok!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 8/20/08 12:19 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Im so glad to hear that im not CRAZY!! I know this is going to be the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. I know that my children will benefit from all this as well. I love and adore them and would be nothing without them. My poor BF is in Orlando right now in a tropical storm and all i can do is grump at him for this and that. Im terrible.  I just want to get this started. Im getting antsy. I know this will be the very best thing that has ever happened!! Next to my children of course!!  thanks for all the advice it means the world to me.

Shan08
on 8/20/08 1:54 am - the Skook, PA
SOOO normal!
Let me tell ya... I don't know how I was not served with divorce papers.  lol
Acknowledge that you realize your moodiness to those around you,
and those who love us will be (are) so forgiving.
Post-op, you're also emotional, but for different reasons.
I was also snappy after surgery because of the pain and sickness... frustration.
BUT I'm happy to report that I'm at the point where I can say: "It does get better."

You'll do great :)
Let me know if I can help in anyway.

((hugs))

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views