Feeding Failure

Nicole0216
on 8/19/08 11:26 am - Lancaster, PA
great post. You are not a failure you are definately a survivor. Good for you.
dit657
on 8/19/08 10:20 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Jill, congratulations for recognizing why you grabbed the bag of Fritos and for having the courage to step up out here and admit why you wanted them. Anyone that can do something like that is definitely NOT a failure. And if your marriage was bad and had ill effects on you and your children and you worked your way out of it, again, NOT a failure.

You know this is probably one of the best places to come and let emotions like that out - first of all you can be crying at your keyboard and nobody knows it and you can let it all hang out here without judgement. We don't come here to judge - we all come her for support.

I hope you're feeling better today - maybe the Fritos helped in some weird little way!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/19/08 11:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Jill,

Powerful and honest post and as everyone said and I will reiterate, YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE, turn down the volume in your diseased thinking and respond in the affirmative voice, I have made hard choices that are in fitting with the strong, loving and successful woman I have and am still becoming!

I hope someday to see you at Barix, it would be nice. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 8/19/08 11:42 pm - Croydon, PA
My plan is to be there tonight.  Are you going?

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 8/20/08 12:24 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Yes, I'll be there.  Looking forward to seeing you.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Christine C.
on 8/20/08 1:12 am - Port Deposit, MD
I can relate unfortunately to both aspects.  I've noticed lately that I have been doing some "grazing" with foods that I know I shouldn't be eating.  But I do it ... get sick ... and then its done.  I'm taking a step back to understand why I do it ... for me its boredom ... so i've made the conscious decision that I need to "graze" with my cucumbers instead of the chips.  For me I know it will just take time to instill the new habit.

As for the divorce aspect I can relate to that as well.  I was young when I married (22) and young when I divorced (26).  We had nothing in common and shouldn't have married to begin with ... but I allowed family to pressure me into the decision after I became pregnant.  My ex-husband was emotionally abusive the entire relationship ... and sexually abusive at the end.  When I finally made the decision to leave I still had family who told me I needed to stay for my son.  A year after we separated I received my divorce papers in the mail and I have to admit that I cried.  I cried for failing as a wife, mother and daughter.  It took awhile before I realized that I was not a failure for doing what was best for me and my child.  Had I stayed ... I would have been a failure as a mother for allowing my son to grow up in an abusive household.

I'm sorry you are going through this, however, it sounds like you have a great person in your life who is helping you through this very trying time.  The emotions you are experiencing right now are all part of the process.  You will get through this ... and you will be a strong person for having endured the strugles you have faced.
Christine

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views