Hello! 8 Days and counting......

keri2008
on 8/19/08 4:34 am - PA
Hello,

My name is Keri and I am having surgery with Dr. Boe at the Barix Clinic in PA on the 27th of August.  I started the liquid diet and its had its ups and downs but not too bad so far.  I am experiencing some cramping and diarrhea today but I hope that doesn't last!!  Anyone wanting to say hi or tell me about Dr. Boe please feel free to do so, I'm starting to get a little nervous!

Keri
dit657
on 8/19/08 5:23 am - Boothwyn, PA

Hi Keri - Welcome to the PA Boards and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

I am a Dr Boe baby and I love the guy!! Had my surgery back in February - the 10 day liquid diet is harder than it sounds - the first few days were rough but then it got better. Of course after surgery you're never going to look at sugar free jello again - LOL!!

I did lose 17 lbs on my liquid diet which was wonderful not only for the shear pleasure of losing it but also in surgery - it helped a lot. I had very little discomfort after surgery. Dr Boe and the entire staff at Barix are top notch - you're be in the best hands around!!

So keep posting - this is a fantastic site. I'm actually going to see Dr Boe tomorrow morning for my 6 month post-op visit.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/08 5:37 am
Hi Keri!

Welcome to the boards and congrats on your surgery. I am a Barix Baby but with Dr. Pupkova but Ihave friends that had Dr. Boe and loved him. You aer gonna be in excellent hands at Barix they are the best. You are not alone next week there is a few of you guysy making your way to the losers bench!

Enjoy your journey.
Pam Hart
on 8/19/08 6:11 am - Easton, PA
Keri,

Welcome to the boards!  Getting nervous is all part of the process!

I to am a "bairx baby" but I used Dr. Pupkova.  However, I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Boe a few months back and he seemed really nice, caring, sincere, and professional. A few people who have had him that I talk to rave about him.

Ask us if there's anything else you need!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 8/19/08 6:15 am - Doylestown, PA
Keri,

Welcome! We will be at Barix together along with Lesley who should chime in when she sign on. i have my surgery on Monday the 25th and believe I might still be their on the 27th - though i might be being discharged that day.

good luck with your journey!

Lesley G.
on 8/19/08 6:16 am - Allegan, MI
Hi Keri!

I'm having my surgery on Monday with Dr. Pupkova, so I may see you at Barix next week!  I am also counting down the days, and feeling a weird mix of excitement and nervousness.  Mostly excitement though!

Lesley
Dennis Belk
on 8/19/08 6:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Keri,
Welcome to our little group. In addition to Melanie and Lesley, there will also be Jackie Smith who will have surgery on 8/27 too. You'll have plenty of company when you do your laps. I look forward to meeting you at the post-op meeting tomorrow. This journey will truly amaze you!
All the best,

Dennis
keri2008
on 8/19/08 7:10 am - PA
Thank you all SO much for posting.  I really needed it today.  I had a really rough car ride home with the desire for Taco Bell.  I wanted to shoot my mind and put us out of the misery!!!  I came home instead and had a protein shake.  Felt VERY down but started reading a great WLS book and it perked me up. Then to come here and read all of this was wonderful.  You lovely ladies having surgery Monday I hope you aren't there when I get there (because you went home) but if you are I'll be thrilled to say hi!

Thanks  again,
Keri
Pam Hart
on 8/19/08 7:25 am - Easton, PA
I probably have little right to respond to this considering I won't be there with you.....but at barix, they (the other two girls who have surgery monday) will be there the morning of - depending on what time your surgery is and what not - it's normally a two night stay, going home on the third day (Monday night and Tuesday night going home Wed the 27th...for the two others and then your stay will most likely be Wed, Thurs night going home Friday.  This is for lap bypass I might add.  Everyone's situation is different - and I believe opens stay a day or two longer....)  Perhaps they will get to see you and you can see how well you look just 48 hours later!!

Good luck!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ldillabough
on 8/19/08 9:10 am - Burlington, NJ
Keri,

Welcome!
I had Lap RNY on July 1st.  Dr. Boe was my surgeon and he is wonderful!  Can't say enough wonderful things about him, the staff at Barix and the Clinic it's self.  They are all a class act.  I had no problems after surgery.  I went home with no pain, was able to drive that day and felt great.  That's because of Dr. Boe and the great care I received at Barix.  My thoughts will be with you on the 27th.  Remember to walk, walk and walk some more.  It will help with your recovery.

All the best!
Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views