We're Home!!

Pam Hart
on 8/19/08 12:54 am - Easton, PA
Hi all!!

Hubby and I had a great trip to Baltimore.  The 2 1/2 hour ride took us over 5 hours on Saturday due to traffic so we got there much later than anticipated but that's ok!!

The Inner Harbor is just absoutely so beautiful and fun!!  We did ALOT of walking...and I mean...aLOT of walking!  Hubby had trouble keeping up and was sore most of the trip - I was not which was totally totally awesome.  There were times that we were in this little strip mall on the outside and wanted to go to the second floor. There were outside stairs and I started walking up them....and hubby was like "but why don't we just go inside to the escalator?"  Well, uh - because we're right here and I didn't even think of that...just started climbing!!

Saturday night we just kind of walked around the area to get a feel for everything and went back to the hotel and went to bed by 11p as I had been up all day....

Sunday we did:  Brunch, the science center with the "bodies" exhibit (which is totally awesome), the Aquarium, the World Trade Center (which sounds weird to say...but that's the name of the place) which has an observation level on 27th floor to see the whole city...walked the inner harbor some more...watched some street shows...walked back to the hotel....did some swimming in the pool...walked backed to the inner harbor had a late dinner and walked around more....

Monday we did some shopping - I got a great pair of jeans and an awesome dress - toured a little mall in the area cause that's hubby's most favorite thing to do in the whole world (he took his first steps as a child in a local mall...he's been a mall rat forever...) then took a boat ride over to "Fells Point" or "Fells Landing" (I can't remember which....) which is a quaint little town with cobblestone streets lots of eclectic shops and awesome people....it was great.  We walked about 3 hours there.

Then another boat ride and walked around little Italy for awhile....

Then back to the Inner Harbor where we had a late lunch and then hit the road around 5:15pm.  WE stopped twice on the way home so we got home I guess around 8:30 or so!!

I did well eating - mostly seafood (no butter or stuff like that) and/or salads.  I did have one chocolate covered strawberry at brunch.  I definately was behind on water, though, so I made sure to really concentrate on that yesterday and am continuing to do so today.  Funny thing - scale says I gained 4 pounds...which is just ridiculous - but I'm also due for my water weight retaining buddy in about 2 days - so I'm hoping that is just it.  And besides - with all that walking and stuff - I know my food choices were within reason....

I have tons of pictures to upload - but have to get this place unpacked and what not first.  I'm also trying to catch up on the posts....they were quite active apparantly!!  Right now I have to run out and pick up a few items, though....

Enjoy and hugs to all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/19/08 1:27 am - Boothwyn, PA
Welcome back - you're always missed when you're away!! Sounds like a wonderful time and something I may have to copy - I haven't been to the Inner Harbor in years, and that was in Dec and it was FREEZING!! But we saw the lighted boat parade and it was so beautiful down there at that time of year. Glad you had a great time!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lesley G.
on 8/19/08 1:44 am - Allegan, MI
I'm glad to hear you had a great time!  I went to school in Baltimore, and I loved the city, esp. the Inner Harbor and Fell's Point, and all the fabulous seafood restaurants.  When I saw you post about going there last week, it got me thinking that I should plan a weekend trip there too -- maybe as a reward for myself in a few months!

Lesley
BlancheJackson
on 8/19/08 2:04 am - Butler, PA
Wow.. Sounds like you had a blast!  I love Inner Harbor too!  I've been there 2 or 3 times.. lots of walking and did a harbor boat tour twice. The boby exhibit is wonderful at the science center.. I saw it in May, and I've always loved the aquarium!

You have made me hungry for seafood, so I think I'm going to make hubby take me out for some this weekend! I wouldn't worry about the gain.. as you said, your friend is due, and also, if you weren't good with water while away... you will retain anyway.. takes a few days to get rid of that!  With all that walking.. no way you gained!!!  Wish I could have gone with ya!!

Just got back from the store.. man, baby supplies are expensive!!!   lol  Oh well...

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

bubble273
on 8/19/08 5:49 am - Levittown, PA
Welcome home, Pam!!!  So glad you had a great time.  We missed you while you were gone.  Your trip sounded really fun.  I wish we had the extra cash to do something like that.  Lately we've really needed to get away.  Luckily my brother's mountain house will be ready in October and I think I will be his first renters.  Well, I won't really have to pay anything, but you know what I mean :)

Again, glad you and the hubby had a blast and we're happy you're home safe and sound.

Karen

jackie j
on 8/19/08 8:22 am - Glenmoore, PA
Pam, LOVE the new avatar.  It's so cute!  Glad you had a blast on your getaway!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Christine C.
on 8/19/08 10:46 pm - Port Deposit, MD
Baltimore is awesome.  Glad you had a great time!  I actually live about 30 min from there ... you drove right past my house  :)  lol
Christine

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views