am I being unrealiztic?!

Liz R.
on 8/18/08 11:17 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Nicole! I appreciate it. I'll let you know about friday - all depends on how mom is doing and how quickly I have to rush back!

I am going to start calling the St Mary's radiology department in a few minutes and see if I can't track something down...

Liz
EileenWalton
on 8/19/08 12:00 am
I can understand your frustration Liz.  And quite frankly, I'm a little surprised about how Barix and Dr. Boe are handling this.  I know they are able to push these tests along quickly.  Doesn't seem right that they are letting you hang like this.   And I would think that if Dr. Boe couldn't find the problem he would consult with Drs. Marymour and Pupkova to come up with a reason for your pain.  I sure hope Dr. Brader is able to help.  I don't know him but I was very impressed with him at the Pilgrimage.  Please keep us posted.
Eileen

Liz R.
on 8/19/08 12:04 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Eileen - i certainly will. I have been a bit suprised at the way that this is being handled also. I don't know if maybe Barix wants the Dr's to focus on the bypasses and not so much on things like this or what. But I WILL get to the bottom of this one way or another! The only thing that i Know is that the ultrasound tech saw a "shadow" in the area where I am getting my pain, and thats only because she let it slip - the Dr has told me nothing, not why they sent it out to be compared nothing.

I am trying to stay positive and remember that things take time, but I KNOW that things can be rushed and answers gotten quickly too!

Liz
EileenWalton
on 8/19/08 12:16 am
I would like to think that Barix is behind us all the way....not with just the original surgery.  Still, I question why they are not being more proactive.  I say keep hounding them with phone calls and letting them know they are not being responsive enough.  In the meantime, seeing Dr. Brader is a great idea and hopefully by Friday you'll have more answers from Barix so you can give Dr. Brader is clearer picture of what's going on.
Eileen

Pam Hart
on 8/19/08 12:42 am - Easton, PA
No, I don't think you are being unrealistic at all LIz.  I had the ultrasound of my gallbladder on an "emergent" basis in the er and they had the preliminary results that day -but the actual results were available within 2 days.  And when I went for my hida scan I went on a Wednesday and Dr. P called me on Thursday to tell me she had the results.

Sorry Dr. Boe doesn't seem to know what is causing all of this - maybe the US results and compairson will help answer some things, or maybe Dr.Brader can figure something out on Friday.

Still thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better and there's an end to all of this SOON!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 8/19/08 1:18 am, edited 8/19/08 1:33 am - Philadelphia, PA

Liz R.
on 8/19/08 1:31 am - Easton, PA
Dennis - for some reason your posts are showing up blank...

Thanks Pam - I am going to call again soon to see what she found out!
Dennis Belk
on 8/19/08 1:37 am - Philadelphia, PA

Yeah, it doesn't like me today OR somebody doesn't like what I have to say. I'm sending you an email.

Dennis

dawgpound215
on 8/19/08 2:59 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
I dont think you are being unrealistic whatsoever. My personal philosophy with doctors is , they work for me , I am the client and they are the contractor. I am NEVER EVER shy about asking for a second opinion. Your health and well being are infinately more important than their feelings or ego. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Melanie B.
on 8/19/08 3:13 am - Doylestown, PA
Liz,

I feel so sorry for you. But if it's any consualtion(sp) you know I had my CT at Doylestown the day after yours and Barix JUST recevied the films yesterday. Dr. Marymor was able to call the radiologist the same day and get a verbal report, but it STILL took D-town 10 days to get him the films and ONLY after I called Dtown and told them to send the actual films. Dtown's response was that they usually only send the written report.

In the end I drove to doylestown myself, picked them up and hand delivered them to Barix yesterday. Of course as fate would have it the mailed copy also arrived yesterday from Dtown.

I dont know what more to tell you. I am sure Dr. Boe wants to help find out what's wrong, but yes maybe you do need to be a squeaky wheel in the meantime.

Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views