Vitamin D Deficiency

SPatel4
on 8/18/08 3:46 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,
I just saw Dr Pupkova on July 28th and did not have my bloodwork done prior to my visit. DUH!! So I went to Quest Diagnostics the next day and got my bloodwork done but anyway I got a letter from Dr P stating that I need to take a prescription for 50,000 units once per week of Vitamin D. I thought walking in sunshine and taking a Calcium supplement with D was sufficent enough. I am so confused. I feel like I already take a million vitamins in the morning. I guess one more will not hurt me..LOL

Shilpa
BlancheJackson
on 8/18/08 7:06 am - Butler, PA
I went through the same thing early out...  Maybe you aren't taking enough of the calcium?  I take 2 tablets three times a day.. when I had the deficiency, I was barely taking any calcium. 

Taking the prescription did the trick for me, though, and I upped my calcium.

Have a good week!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Dennis Belk
on 8/18/08 12:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Shilpa,
At this Wednesday's Barix meeting Eileen Walton will be taking time out to discuss this very subject, vitamin deficiencies and overdosing concerns. Hope you can make it. In the meantime following Dr. P's treatment will get your #'s back up.
Take care,
Dennis 
tammypa
on 8/18/08 10:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Shilpa,
You are not alone - I had the same thing happen. I was already taking Calcium with D and my
D was poor when I had my bloodwork done. Dr P gave me the prescription and apparently it is
such a huge dose, the pharmacy would not fill it before speaking with her. She told me that it
happens to quite a few WLS patients. That is why it is so important to get ur bloodwork done. LIke u said - what is one more pill. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views