disappointed

pieparty
on 8/18/08 3:03 am - Milroy , PA
 I go to see the weight management doc tomorrow, something I started doing for myself several months ago(not part of my WLS journey) and I am just very frustrated with myself. I can do really well with the "diet" for about two weeks and then I lose control, instead of losing weight. LOL I was just camping over the weekend and instead of taking healthy foods, I bought alot of junk. I guess it is just going to take more time to overcome. "slow and steady wins the race" I just am so disappointed that I have been overeating and eating the wrong stuff and then binging over the weekend. But on a positive note over the past month I have switched from regular soda to diet soda which is something I never thought I would be able to do. I always thought diet tasted horrible, now I like it. I just keep reminding myself one small victory at a time. Right? Well I guess I better go do something productive now, like laundry, instead of exploring this wonderful site some more. Later and have a good one everybody.
oobiebus
on 8/18/08 3:37 am - pottstown, PA
Hey sweety,Yes its alot to overcome but you have to tell youreself that your doing this for your health!It was really hard for me ,i am a diet coke junkie,(ya know you have to give that up right?) I swear i had it running thru my veins,But after surgery it just didnt taste right,every now and then i will open one and let it sit for awhile and sip on it as a treat but not often,Its hard and you can do
it! Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Shannon O.
on 8/18/08 7:56 am - Reading, PA
take baby steps... like you did with the soda... now switch your ketcup and bbq to sugar free ones... then say the next step is all lean sources of protein etc... baby steps... but hang in there... you can do it!!

FlourPower
on 8/18/08 8:00 am - PA
According to your avatar you haven't had your surgery....is that correct??? 

I can remember it was really hard before surgery because I was still able to eat all of the foods that I REALLY liked....and I mean REALLY liked !!!  After surgery things really and I mean REALLY changed.  The food really isn't a big deal anymore.  Sometimes I miss it...and other times I don't think about food at all. 

Are you supose to be losing weight right now?  I had to do a six month diet ( I go to the Weight Loss Clinic too but my Dr. is Dr. DiMarco....LOVE HIM) anyway, I was less then succesful when it came to doing that diet.  I knew that I had to low carb if I was going to drop any of the weight.  Jess wanted me to do something else...sort of a Weigh****chers ...and I only lost six whole pounds...LOL!!! 

Two weeks prior to surgery Dr. Weiger told me that he wanted me to low carb  and  cut back on all of the fat that I was eating.  I did what he wanted and lost 10 pounds right before surgery.  During this time I didn't eat anything that I wasn't supose to. 

You have had success....you switched sodas.....now, you'll have to cut them out.....I remember Jess telling me on day one of my colsult with her that I had to stop drinking the sodas...diet was my thing to...but she said I was no longer allowed to have them.....check with her on this one :)

[

pieparty
on 8/18/08 11:18 am - Milroy , PA
thanks everyone, I am celebrating the baby steps, and I can't wait until my surgery. I meet with the surgeon next month, so I still have a ways to go. I know that I have to cut the soda out all together. I have really thought about this whole thing and I have told my family that even if it means I will never again be able to eat chocolate I am sure this is the right decision for me. (and believe me I live for chocolate). I know there are alot of changes that I will need to make yet, I just worry that if I don't have enough will power I may mess the whole thing up. I guess one day at a time is the only way to live.
momma2
on 8/18/08 12:27 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Hey...I first want to say that I just love Dr. Currie...he did my RNY on 12/19/07 and my life has changed so much...(for the better)....baby steps are the best way to go, before and after your surgery...like you I WAS addicted to chocolate, so to speak...ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and anytime the urge came....honestly your taste changes after surgery and it is hard for me to even smell a chocolate bar....it doesn't even appeal to me now....just take it one meal at a time, then one day at a time....this board is a wonderful place..(even though I haven't posted in a long time) and you will learn soooooo much....keep your chin up and congrats on the "soda" switch....like the others have already said check to see if you should even be drinking the "diet soda"...I know I wasn't allowed to drink it, but I did cheat and have it before I had my surgery...I will have a "sip" occassionally now, but my new liquid love is "Peach" flavored Crystal Lite....yummy....well if ya need anything pm me...blessings...

Sheila

Marlo71
on 8/19/08 12:40 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi There!  I so know how you feel!  I have struggled with those exact same feelings and habits.  I have 3 weeks until my surgery and decided to start working out, cut out sweets, try to wean myself off Diet Pepsi.  Well all that lasted about 12 days.  I hurt my calf, the weekend was here, so I started getting back into all the bad things again.  Its so hard I know.  And like alot of the posts I've read, there is that fear that I will screw up after the surgery.  But I am going to give it everything I have after the surgery.  So, dont beat yourself up, its ok!  Do the best you can!  We have all been there!  Good luck Hun!!

-Marlo 

megan B.
on 8/19/08 12:58 am - Shippensburg, PA
Try not to be disappointed in yourself. You have done one of the hardest things already. Committing yourself to surgery and a life changing experience. It is challenging before surgery, trying to do the best you can but still being able to eat large quantities of bad foods is tough. You will do great with this surgery. Do the best you can now, you're already making positive changes and you will do well.
Pam Hart
on 8/19/08 1:03 am - Easton, PA
And hence why you are pursuing the WLS route.  We all needed a tool - something to help us longer than 2 weeks.

Understand you are taking small baby steps one at a time - and that's all people can ask of you.  Don't beat yourself up for the weekend and say "well I blew it now" but rather - ok - today is Tuesday...and it's time for the correct choices"  Beating yourself up will only lead to a depressed outlook and possibly consoling yourself in food later on down the road.  You are human, you make mistakes, and you move forward.

Hang in there!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
pieparty
on 8/19/08 2:52 am - Milroy , PA
Thanks everyone. I am feeling much better about things today. And I know that everything that you guys posted is absolutely right. I had an appointment with my weight management doc today, and she reminded me of exactly the same things.  She is such a wonderful person and doc.  She is never condescending only supportive.  She helped me outline a plan of attack for the next time the cravings come, that way I can handle it better, but also reminded me that making one wrong food choice isn't the end of the world. Thanks all, Later
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views