Saturday of Wows

jastypes
on 8/18/08 12:48 am - Croydon, PA

Saturday was a day of Wow moments. Mostly for those around me, as I've grown accustomed to the new me.

First, I went to my neice's 16th birthday party on Saturday afternoon. I guess I haven't seen most of my family since Christmas. I didn't think I looked that much different, but I was a size 18 then, and now wear 14's and some 12's. Anyway, my younger sister took one look at me and then burst into tears and said she is just happy for me. Of course she told me how terrific I look. Then I walked outside the house to greet my mom and two of her friends. I guess I haven't seen her friends in a year, 'cause they didn’t recognize me. It took them like a whole minute before one said, "Oh my God, you're JILL!!!" LOL.

In the evening, I went to another party. The guy who threw the party throws one every year. I've known him since high school, but I haven't seen him since last year's party. He and another friend of ours from high school just could not say enough wonderful things about how I look, and about how wonderful I must feel. I shared my story with some of the other people there. A few of them said they remembered me from last year, but I didn't talk to anyone then and left early. This year I stayed late, talked to everyone and danced until my feet hurt. It was a terrific time.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

dit657
on 8/18/08 1:33 am - Boothwyn, PA
Jill I'm so happy for you!! Those are some wonderful WOW moments and you deserve each one. Its funny how we don't see the changes in ourselves, isn't it. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bubble273
on 8/18/08 6:03 am - Levittown, PA
Jill, that is soooooooooo fantastic.  What a great way to spend a weekend having so many wow moments.  Congratulations!!

Karen

Shannon O.
on 8/18/08 7:51 am - Reading, PA
Those are both great wow moments and you should be so happy and proud of yourself for all of your hard wor****ep it up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views