A week from today....

Melanie B.
on 8/18/08 1:07 am - Doylestown, PA
I plan to be at the losers table (sorry I prefer this term to losers bench...brings me back to elementary school)

I am plugging along on my liquid diet - day #3 and feeling great. I've lost 5lbs and need to lose 5 more over the next week. (should be easy, right?) I also now have 167 hours on the CPAP 33 more hours needed!

Actually will be running up to BARIX at lunch time to drop off my images from my CT scan, since they still have not received them in the mail.

Once Dr. M can see them and consult wiht a GI, I should be able to get the go ahead. PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR ME.

I read the report and apparently I have 9 "lesions" some small but others measuring upwards of 6cm. As I mentioned before they've been there since as early as 2001 on a previous scan. (unknown to me ofcourse)

Also it seems I have diverticulosis according to the study, but I dont have any symptoms (thank god)

Good times kids!

tracyb330
on 8/18/08 1:32 am - Temple, PA
Hi Melanie.
Wow, time went fast. You only have one week left. I'm sure everything will be fine and you will be on your way to the losers "table" next week. My mother has diverticulosis. I actually wouldn't mind having it right about now. I have the reverse of the major symptom....constipation. Oh what fun. It's all that damn protein. I guess that's what I get for meeting my protein goal everyday. Well, good luck and I hope to see you at the Sept post-op meeting. I can't make it this week. Wednesday is my fist day back to work since my surgery and since I live in Reading I don't want to drive that far...I might fall asleep.

Take care and good luck.
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Jackie Smith
on 8/18/08 1:32 am - Coatesville, PA
Hi Melanie,
Yikes, I will be in one week from Wednesday.  I guess I had not looked at it like that. 

I have 174 hours on CPAP as of this morning.  I am shooting for 5 hours a night until surgery but I was only given a number of 180.  I figured it would do my body good in the long run. 

I am on day #2 of the diet.  I do not have a scale that works in the house so I guess I will not know if I have lost anything until next Wednesday.  I am kind of thinking that keeping the house scale free might be a good thing for right now.  My PCP is right up the street and I can always slip in there if I really need to know.  I have my PAP next Monday so I will have my pre surgery weight on file with them! 

I am spening my day deep cleaning.  So far I have made it through half of the kitchen.  I am not doing the inside of the cupboards but I do need to do a really good job on the floor.  I am hoping to get the main floor of the house done today and then maybe my hubby will be kind enough to get the kids to help him do our bedroom and bathroom tomorrow!!!  He is off for two days this week but I have to go to work tomorrow. 

What are you eating on the diet?  I feel really good so far.  I think the key is to have something to eat or drink every 2 to 3 hours.  I was even able to make my son a b-day breakfest this morning without being sad!! 
I am eating/drinking broth, jello, popsicles, protien shakes and CL. 

Keep in touch.  Jackie
Dianne P.
on 8/18/08 1:47 am - DE
Melanie,
Crossing My Fingers and toes as we speak ! Good Luck and I will save ya a spot on that bench for ya !
Hugs-Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/08 1:52 am
Hi Melanie!

I have diverticulosis and landed in the hospital from in the past but I think you will not have many problems after surgery after all we are all eating so much better for our bodies. 

You will be in Momday with Lesely so we stop in to see you on Tuesday! 

Are you going to come Wednesday night?

Lesley G.
on 8/18/08 5:29 am - Allegan, MI
You deserve a big YAY for getting those CPAP hours in!  I'm so glad to hear everything's a go for next Monday for you.  We can walk those halls together next week!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views