Day 1 of my 10 day is done!

Jackie Smith
on 8/17/08 11:25 am - Coatesville, PA

Good Evening. 
I did it, I made it through day one of my 10 day pre op diet!! 
It's been pretty good so far.  I do not have a headache and I am not hungry. 
I have been eating or drinking about every 2 hours.  I have had 3 protien drinks (2 almond lattes and one fuzzy navel!), 2 meals of chicken broth (I did add some green onion for flavor), jello, Crystal light and a sf popsicle.  I do hope tomorrow goes just as good.

I spent most my day cooking meals for my hubby and kids.  I think I have 30 premade meals in the freezer.  Plus I still have pork chops, chicken breast and beef they can toss on the girll.  I don't think I will need to cook for my 53 days of special dieting. 

Off to read for an hour or so before I go to bed.
Thanks for all your advise so far.  Those of you who are on the 10 right now let me know how you are doing and what you are eating. 

Jackie

Consult: 11/14/07

Pulmonary Clearance: 12/12/07

Psych Eval: 1/2/08

Sleep Study: 1/9/08

2nd Sleep Study: 1/11/08

Stress Test: 1/31/08

Echo of Heart: 2/19/08

Insurance Approval: 7/11/08

PAT's: 8/13/08

Surgery Date: 8/27/08

Langhorne, Br Boe

Nicole0216
on 8/17/08 11:48 am, edited 8/17/08 11:49 am - Lancaster, PA
GOOD FOR YOU. it will be over before you know it
Patricia R.
on 8/17/08 1:20 pm - Perry, MI
Good Work.  You will find it gets easier as you adjust your taste buds and mind to the liquid eating.  I was blessed in not having to do a liquid diet that far ahead.  I had one and a half days of special stuff, but had to do the roto-rooter cleaning of the intestines, which meant many trips to the bathroom for a while during that day and a half.

Keep posting. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Dennis Belk
on 8/17/08 9:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hang tough Jackie and keep the great attitude.
It will all be worth it very soon and for many days to come.

Dennis
keri2008
on 8/18/08 4:08 am - PA
Great job!  I am on the same surgery day as you with Dr. Boe!  I didn't feel too well yesterday (headache and very shaky) but I feel better today.  Two protein shakes with skim milk, jello and getting ready for broth now. 

Regards,
Keri

regards, keri

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.  --Author Uknown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views