Dr. P

sbrunell
on 8/17/08 2:34 pm - Bensalem, PA
Here is one more reason I love Dr. P.

I posted about medically being required to eat/drink on Yom Kippur, and how the "sick" did not need to attone for there sins this way.

I emailed her on Friday, and received a response on Sunday. I didn't want to call her to ask her about a holiday in October....but she gets back to you....and I believe she would rather be asked and disturbed, than not ask at all. I must say, she certainly is dedicated to her patients.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Patricia R.
on 8/17/08 3:06 pm - Perry, MI
Steve,
It has been that way with Dr. Marymor as well.  I think all of the Barix docs have a different mindset than what I perceived they would.  I expected arrogant, too busy to be bothered, get 'em in, cut 'em open, send 'em home doctors.  What I have experienced with Dr. Marymor is more than the opposite of that.  He took his time to educate me, and answer my questions, and listen to my concerns.  He never seems rushed or in a hurry.  In pre-op, right before my surgery, he took 20 minutes to talk to my mom and sister, explaining to them exactly what he was going to do, with drawings on a page on his clipboard.  I was laying there thinking, I wanna get this overwith now, please just do it, let them watch if you have to, but get me in the OR now, but I understood that Mom and Sis were terrified for me, and he helped to calm them and reassure them of his experience and confidence that it would go as planned.  I was at the point of being oblivious to fear.  I was like a kid on a roller coaster where the cars had gotten to the top of the first hill, and stopped before going down.  I just wanted the ride to finally take off for good.

Since my WLS, I have had to call him about pain that resulted in a diagnosis of a ulcer.  I also had him repair an incisional hernia in December.  I am scheduled to see him for my two year post-op visit next week, and hopefully, will get some encouragement as I had hit some bumps in my recovery since my hernia surgery due to returning to old eating behaviors.

Sorry to babble.  I am in a talkative mood tonight.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

JinPA
on 8/26/08 10:43 am - PA
Dr P. is more than a doctor.  She is a true healer.

I admire her so much.  She is so smart, but so nice and humble.

I feel lucky to have had her as my surgeon.
Pam Hart
on 8/26/08 11:05 am - Easton, PA
She truly cares about her patients.  She wants all to be successful and definately wants to be contacted.  In fact - unlike some doctors who are annoyed when they ARE called - she is annoyed when she is NOT called and finds out later than sooner.

Pam

PS - what was her take on it?  Just for curiosity sake.....
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views