****Sunday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 8/16/08 2:20 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am up watching the Olympics, and just loving the fact that Michael Phelps got his 8th gold medal.  Go USA.  I am getting sick again too, had a fever this evening and not sure why. 

Anywho, I am working at the hospital today, and then crashing.  Staying up to watch the Olympics and working just don't mix, especially with the fever tonight. 

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 2:31 pm
Good Morning Trish and Pa'ers

I just walked in the door from seeing Toby Keith over at the waterfront in Camden. Everyone had a major buzz by the end so once again I got to be the designated drive. I think they are all enjoying me not drinking.  I have a really small car so I to drive my friends huge chevy station wagon was a blast.

I am going to attempt to sleep in tomorrow(hope to hit 9am) then Stephanie is comming over to help me get stuff together for Wednesday's meeting.
Then in between cleaning my house!

Enjoy your Sunday!
DianeMarie
on 8/16/08 6:23 pm - Delmont, PA

Good Morning!

I thought I would be the only one up this morning.  I work today from 5AM to 1:30PM. 

I hope you feel better Trish. 
Beth, I am sooooooooo jealous that you saw Toby Keith.  I love him LOL.

I don't have any major plans.  Sunday is a quiet day for me at work.  I will go in and place my Health & Beauty order for Monday.  The rest of the day I will clean up my department and probably give the front end some help.  I'll come home and do laundry and dinner.  Will do the evening walk with the dogs.  Deidre wants to go down to the school track and jog today so we might do that after I get home from work.  Will probably end up getting two walks today.  I'll be a tired puppy by bedtime.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Diane
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/08 2:25 am
Diane ...

He was really good to. It was first time seeing him live but this summer I am a major concert kick. I have Brad Paisley in two weeks followed by Rascal Flatts!
ladychief231
on 8/16/08 9:49 pm - Douglassville, PA
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm enjoying my Sunday morning quiet time and waiting for the house to wake up and the day's activities to begin. Today will be a day of mini projects and errands. We are remodeling our kitchen and we have a trip to Lowes planned to purchase a sink, faucet, microwave, and we must pick a paint color. fun fun. I'd like to get some pool time today and a bike ride in the evening.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

bubble273
on 8/16/08 11:03 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Sunday morning to everyone.

Nothing on my agenda today except for working on my computer.  I am behind with turning in my work and have to get a few things done today.

My husband was supposed to take Connor to Dutch Wonderland today, but we just don't have the extra money to spend.  We have the tickets from when they came up for the Pilgrimage...it just would be the extra cost of things in the park and the gas to get up there and back.  Plus, I have to travel on Monday to Bath and Allentown, so of course that's going to use up gas.  It just stinks to have to be pinching pennies right now.  I can't wait until the end of the month to be a little more caught up.

Sorry to gripe!!  Have a great Sunday.

Karen

Lesley G.
on 8/17/08 1:29 am - Allegan, MI
Hi everyone!

I can't believe it, but my surgery is in eight days!  I'm going to get some things done today in preparation, but honestly I have so much on my mind right now that I feel like I'm working with half a brain -- is this normal?  I really don't know how I'm going to concentrate at work this coming week.

I'm going to go to the gym, then to CVS for some things I need, and then I do plan to spend some time just relaxing.  Maybe some downtime will make the other half of my brain start working again!

Have a good day all.

Lesley
Patricia R.
on 8/17/08 9:33 am - Perry, MI
Hi Lesley,
working with half a brain is totally normal for where you are right now.  My surgery was exactly two years ago, on the 28th.  I was a nutcase then.  I was calm, cool and collected, and totally ditzy.  I swore I had Alzheimers to the max.  Make yourself lists and keep them with you.  Or, just keep a small notebook with you whereever you go, and write yourself notes when you think of things. 

Hang in there.  You will be fine, the world will still be here and you will be a new woman in a little over a week.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lesley G.
on 8/17/08 1:42 pm - Allegan, MI
Thanks, Trish. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.  Usually I have an excellent memory and can multi-task several things at once, and the past few days I've had many moments where I've stopped and said "Wait... what was I doing again?"  I've started making lists tonight, and I've also written myself a few post-it reminders and stuck them around my house.  One more week.  I can do this!

Lesley
Patricia R.
on 8/17/08 2:28 pm - Perry, MI
I don't know how old you are now, but I am 50, and find myself still stopping at times saying "What was I going to do just now?"  I recently learned it is a symptom of menopause, which I am smack in the middle of. 

Stress does have its impact on our brain's ability to process and remember.  Try to take a few minutes in the morning, and evening to do some relaxation/meditation type thing, or just go for a walk to destress yourself. 

This is one of the reasons I was glad to have my surgery before I went back to my teaching job.   I am not sure I could have handled the pre-op stress, and the middle school kids at the same time.

Hang in there.  You are in the final lap of the race.  Keep your eyes on the prize.  You are going for the Gold medal, and you are a winner.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views