Readjusting my goals

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 11:12 am, edited 8/16/08 11:14 am

With my 2 year surgiversery coming up in less than a month, and still not being at goal, I have decided to set some new goals.  I have lost between 136 and 139 pounds depending on the day.  I still need to lose another 44 pounds (I swear its all in my ass and thighs!!! GRRRR) to get to the goal set for me before surgery and before I will go for a consult for plastic surgery.  44 pounds is from the starting point of 136 lost, since that is where I was this morning. 

I had really hoped to be at goal by September 11th, but that is not going to happen...at least not in a healthy way....so I am going to set my goal to be New Year's Eve.  44 pounds by Dec. 31 is not unrealistic. That is about 10 pounds per month.  

My next goal is to have half of my plastics done in the spring and the other half by my birthday next November (2009).   

I am also going to start setting short term fitness goals again.  I ran/walked a 15.55 minute mile this week and I want to get it down to 15.00 minutes by September 11th. 

I am very proud of what I have been able to accomplish over the last 23 months, and I am comfortable blending in the with crowd.  But, I don't want that comfort to keep me from getting to where I really want to be.  If I get to my goal weight and still feel that I can lose more, I will readjust my goal again. 

Anyone else want to share a short term goal you are working on? 

Heather G

Patricia R.
on 8/16/08 11:21 am - Perry, MI
Hey Heather,
I am also setting new goals, coming up on 2 year surgiversary and not having reached goal weight.  My extra weight is in my gut and butt.  The hernia surgery in December kinda limits my ability to exercise the gut area.  I am about 50 pounds from goal weight, and I am hoping to reach it by my November birthday.  Not sure if that is realistic, but I am going to try. 

I have not been exercising with the diligence I need to, and I must get disciplined in that area.  I am committing to more exercise on a daily basis. 

I am not ready to think about plastics yet, but someday I will be.  $$$ and lack of insurance coverage for them is prohibiting it at this point, and I have not developed any rashes yet, DARN.  LOL

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 8/16/08 11:26 am - Lancaster, PA
Heather I am right there with ya. Mine wil be in OCT and I am still messing around with the last 30  lbs or so. I have been playing around with the idea that I am afraid to finish this. I am working on this and I also made an appt with a PS to get my ass in gear. It is on monday. I am going to see Dr, Herman in the Poconos on a suggestion by madame treasurer. we will see what happens. I really want this to be done. I know it will always be something we have to manage and deal with, but i am getting tired of being a POST OP still losing and striving, I want to be a POST OP maintaining and moving on with my life.

Good luck girl. We can do this together.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 12:44 pm
Let me know how your consult goes with Dr. Herman.  I am also going to use him too.

HG
Dennis Belk
on 8/17/08 3:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey HG and Nicole,
The Poconos is becoming the place for PS. Thanks to Madame Treasurer! I imagine Dr. Herman will be seeing alot of us (no pun).
Sent you both an email.

Dennis
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/17/08 5:43 pm
I've set my goal aside right now.  Trying to get myself into the mode mentally.  I'm content with what I've accomplished so far, BUT or should I say BUTT ... I want more, or should I say less? 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

DebiMcK23
on 8/18/08 1:32 am - Aston, PA
I used my body fat analysis to come up with my goal weight.  at 18% body fat, with the muscle I have right now, I would weigh 153 lbs.  That is much more realistic than a goal of 120 lbs.  I was over 120 when I was 10!

My next goal is to get my butt to the gym 5 days a week...  Even if it isn't a full workout.  I want to do that for the next 6 weeks and then see what the scale says...

Although, I have been waiting to announce, I am in onderland.  Finally...  I was 199.8 2 weeks before we left for Vegas, and I got on the scale this morning and I was 199.4.  So even in the land of buffets and free booze, I didn't gain!  YEAH

303/197/153

Mike M.
on 8/18/08 4:14 am - Langhorne, PA
Glad to see that part of our conversation the other night stuck with you.  Determining if your goals are realistic and resetting goals to ensure that what you are trying to acheive is truly attainable should be a part of any well-thought process and is especially key to the life we're living.  Way to go!  :-)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views