Help me. Starting self inflicted liquid diet today

Melanie B.
on 8/15/08 11:40 pm - Doylestown, PA
Hey everyone.

So as I mentioned earlier I am putting myself on liquids for the next 9 days in order to meet my 10lb pre-op weight loss requirement.

So tell me again, what do I need to pick up at the store?

Beef/Chicken Broth
Crystal Light
SF jello
SF popsicles

There must be more

Any tips would be great.

BlancheJackson
on 8/15/08 11:48 pm - Butler, PA
Find a protein powder for shakes that you like... you'll need it after surgery anyway...though your tastes may change-- mine did.

Now.. I like the Whey Protein from GNC.. and the Nectar Proteins.  These can be ordered online, or are available at some Vitamin Shoppes... not GNC, though.

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Pam Hart
on 8/16/08 12:18 am - Easton, PA
You can do full liquids for the full liquid self inflicted "I need to lose weight now" diet which I also did.

skim/lf milk (To which you can add:  SF quick, No Sugar Added Carnation Instant Breakfast, protein powders)
SF/FF pudding
SF/FF yogurt (dannon lite and fit is a good choice)
crystal lite
sf jello
sf ice pops
sf fudge pops

Instead of the broth....might I suggest you get any type of low sodium soup - strain out the veggies/chicken/noodles/beef whatever may be in it and drink that broth instead of just getting plain broth.  WAY much more flavor.

I also "allowed" myself fat free ricotta cheese when I was really hungry.  I would sweeten it with splenda and cinnamon and eat 1/4 - 1/2 of a cup at a time.  It tasted basically like rice pudding and helped to satisfy me a bit more.

Don't forget to drink lots and lots of water and take walks when you can.  Especially if the food thing is bugging you out - take a walk - and if that doesn't work - my "favorite" thing to do was just go to bed!  It sounds stupid - and yes - I was wallowing and crying in my own self pity in my bed - but it worked!!

One moment at a time - you'll get through it!

Also, although this is a no no after surgery, before hand you can chew sf gum to help.

Oh - and crunching on ice helped me especially at work when I wanted the "satisfaction" to release stress of chewing on something.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 8/16/08 12:24 am - Doylestown, PA
Thank you ladies! Great advice - I was starting to panic with my 3 item list

Off to the grocery store.

Melanie B.
on 8/16/08 5:57 am - Doylestown, PA
Well i did my shopping and have already had 2 soups, 1 protein shake and 30+ ounces of water. Not freaking yet.....

Check out my video blog of my shopping trip on my profile page if you'd like.

Jackie Smith
on 8/17/08 2:09 am - Coatesville, PA
Today I started my 10 pre op diet as well!  So far so good. 
I spent most of the day yesterday and part of today preparing and freezing meals for my family.  I am sure they will be much happier at the end of my 53 journey. 

So far I have had my "Almond Latte" - Cap Necture, milk and s almond syurp, 2 cups of CL and I am currently enjoying a nice hot cup of chicken broth with green onions floating on top.  OF course this is nothing compared to the chicken pot pie that is cooking on the stove top! 

I am planning to try different broths, strained soups, sf jello, sf popcicles, cl and protien drinks. 

Good Luck!  Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views