****Saturday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 8/15/08 2:58 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA and all you beautiful people,
I am back from Michigan, and up watching the Olympics.  Sorry, but I am hooked.  I studied a lot about China, and teach a unit on it in my Social Studies classes, so I am just loving this year's competitions. 

I had an awesome time in Michigan.  Got to babysit a lot with the Munchkin, who is just a little imp these days.  My son-in-law developed a kidney stone and had to be taken to the ER twice before it was diagnosed, so I was babysitting most of Monday for my daughter.  Went to the zoo with my daughter's in-laws and all the cousins out there, and we had a blast.  While we were out there my daughter, her mom-in-law and I went to see Mama Mia, the movie, and I loved it.  I have yet to see the Broadway show.  On the way there and back, I got to visit my son in Pittsburgh, and see his new home that he and his roommate are renting.  They got a Wii system and I beat my son at bowling Thursday night.  I want one now. 

Saturday has me back at the hospital working, and then home unpacking and cleaning up a bit.  The cats left a mess around their litter boxes and where they eat.  They need place mats and a maid.  Oh, duh, I am their maid. 

Well, have a great weekend.  Enjoy the Olympics and remember that no matter where you are in your WLS surgery, you are a winner also.  So, go for the gold and never look back.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/08 3:15 pm
Morning Trish,

I guess we are the early birds today.  Glad you had a fun trip seeing your kids!

My Saturday will be a working day.  I plan on finishing the new front walkway my dad started earlier this week.  I think I can figure out  how to finish by following what he has done so far...it can't be that hard right?? LOL  After that I am going to put a coat of primer on my bedroom walls.  I am hoping the doors and woodwork can just be washed down and not have to be repainted.  I also have to touch up a couple spots in the kitchen and put everything back in it's place.  I am tired of tripping over everything laying all over the livingroom. 

I joined a new gym today, so if I have time, I will go work out. 

Not an exciting day, but I hope it will be a productive one.

Enjoy the day...it's supposed to be beautiful.

HG
Patricia R.
on 8/15/08 3:33 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Heather,
Try using the Mr. Clean Eraser for cleaning that woodwork.  It cleans really well.  It is that little sponge thing they sell that is awesome for cleaning walls.

Don't work too hard. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 8/15/08 10:41 pm - Easton, PA
I'm very excited today!!

I got home from work.  I have cleaned out my car and just about finished cleaning what was left of the house.  I need to go over some banking and then we are off to the Inner Harbor, Md.  Hubby will probably drive down so I can get a nap in and then when we get there.....we have plans of today/this evening just walking around and getting a feel for the area and what not.  We'll have a somewhat early dinner and probably go to bed kind of early as even with a nap I crash fairly early.

Tomorrow we have brunch reservations at 11:30am.  Brunch is a complete waste of money for me - but not for hubby - and for some reason I've been dying to have "brunch" or what little of it I can.  Then we are headed to the MD science center.  We also have tickets AT the science center to see the exhibit "bodies" which is touring nationwide.  It is real human bodies, without skin - to see anatomical structures and disease processes and what not.  Gross to some - so incredibly cool to us.  The evening is up in the air yet.....

Then on Monday we have plans to go to the Aquarium and do some more walking around.  My best friend said the aquarium is well worth the visit - so I'm pretty psyched about it.

All in all I'm looking forward to a weekend with the hubby without "having" to be anywhere (any of the above can be cancelled if we just feel like doing nothing), without answering to families or work or anything else.  Sleeping in if we so choose, go for a swim, ya know.....just be.

Have a great weekend all!  We plan on coming home Monday evening/night.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 8/15/08 11:05 pm - Perry, MI
Pam,
Enjoy your weekend.  My son saw the bodies exhibit in Pittsburgh last year, and he said it was awesome.  I have never done Baltimore, except to drive through it to get to Washington.  It is on my list of things to do someday.

Have a safe trip.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

BlancheJackson
on 8/15/08 11:44 pm - Butler, PA
Good morning all!  I was really hoping to get some extra sleep this morning...  but granddaughter duties call!  LOL  Oh well... who needs sleep? 

I'm thinking of going on a motorcycle ride tomorrow morning.. it's been a few weeks since I've been on my bike.. and the season is drawing to a close... it's been so much cooler lately! 

I saw the bodies exhibit in Baltimore in May.. it was amazing! 

Don't really know what today will bring.. so I'll update as I go!
Have a good Saturday everyone!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Melanie B.
on 8/15/08 11:52 pm - Doylestown, PA
Hey all,

I got home at 2am from a long and delayed flight back from Denver. I flew Southwest and was serioulsy the LAST person on a very full plane and therefore had the misery of being stuck in a middle seat for a 4 hour flight Thankfully the nice (albeit a bit strange) girl on the aisle kept the arm rest up for the entire flight so the blood flow to my right leg wasn't cut off.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank Southwest Airlines for making their seatbelts sufficiently long enough to accomodate my big belly and their seats wide enough for my fat ass. With any luck that will be the last time I am subjected to that humiliation.

On a positive note I also read a book from start to finish (4th oof July by James Patterson) on the flight.

As I posted a bit earlier I am starting liquids today for the next 9 days in order to get ready for my new life.

My little girl also turns 2 on Monday AND starts school as well. So lots of prepartations this weekend for that.

Other than that, I came home to a nice clean house (this has NEVER happened) so I guess I get to just relax this weekend.

DianeMarie
on 8/16/08 1:33 am - Delmont, PA
Hi Everyone!

I'm off today and I slept in till 11AM.  I really shouldnt have done that since I have to be up at 3:30AM for work tomorrow.  I'll probably have problems falling asleep. Oh well. 

I think I'm going to spend the day cleaning and doing laundry.  Really cant do much else since I used all my paycheck paying for my car that is STILL not fixed.  They replaced the fuel pump which they thought was the original reason for it dying.  When that didnt help they replaced the computer in the car. They also fixed my gas tank which they said wasnt on very well.  The didnt charge me labor on the gas tank or the computer and they only charged me cost for the computer.  Whole thing came to $556.  Hubby drove the car home and was getting ready for work.  Wanted to test the car myself so I took it out with my sons.  Climbing a hill it sputtered and then when I went to make a U-Turn on the end of the road it died.  Started it back up and the check guage light came back on.  So I have to take it back down to them on Monday and tell them they didnt fix it!  At this point I'm only willing to pay cost for any part they put in and not labor.  If it doesnt fix the car I'm not paying.

Ok that's my day in a nutshell.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
bubble273
on 8/16/08 9:29 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Trish,

Didn't get to do roll call this morning...my computer keeps freezing up on me and then I have to restart the stupid thing.

Anyway, I read about you not seeing Mama Mia yet on stage.  I have to tell you that I HIGHLY recommend you saving your pennies and go and see the musical on stage.  It is just incredible.  I've seen it twice and can't wait until I can afford to go again.  The second time we had seats that were amazing...down front and right in the middle.  If I go back again, I don't want to sit anywhere but where we sat before. 

The show really is incredible and everyone gets up and dances at the end.  A definite to go see!!!

Karen

Patricia R.
on 8/16/08 9:34 am - Perry, MI
Thanks Karen.  By the way, I LOVE my shaker cup.  I take it to work, with my instant breakfast and Anywhey in it and throw some milk in and have my shake for a snack.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views