Curiousity

DianeMarie
on 8/16/08 1:45 am - Delmont, PA

When I was setting up my tests and having them I had several folks ask me questions about the process I'm going through.  They were pretty nice about it.  I did get a few strange comments and I answered to the best of my ability.  Some of the comments or questions were pretty stupid and I did my best not to give a smart ass response.

When I was standing on the upper gi table a woman came to me and said... really you aren't big enough to be doing this.  I just smiled at her and said  my bmi is 40 so obviously I am big enough.  Later when the procedure was done and I was in the dressing room I took a look at myself in the full length mirror. I was only in my panties and I was totally grossed out and repulsed at what I saw.  I wanted to open the door at that point and tell her to come over and say..."Does it look like I'm fat enough now?" 

After I looked at myself practically naked in the mirror I have a new appreciation for clothes and how they cover you up!

It reminds me of the times I was pregnant and total strangers would come up to me and touch my belly and make silly comments.  If they know what you are going through it gives them the right to be bold and make comments.

Oh well.. Is anyone going through similar things with people and comments about your surgery?

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 3:08 am
Diane,

No one really questioned me about having the surgery but I since surgey lots of people feel fine to ask me whatever they want and offended if I do not answer. I had a woman ask me what I weighed at my heaviest...When I said no one but me and my doctor knows that she got really pissy with me. Then when I said what my personal goal was she said that was too thin for my big body. I mean would she ask and comment on this stuff with anyone else.

Yet even know you are unhappy at your current weight try not to be so hard on your self thinking it is gross. We are all beautiful in our own ways. 

Hang in there! 
DianeMarie
on 8/16/08 3:44 am - Delmont, PA
Hi Beth!

I would love to find some of these idiots that make stupid comments in a dark alley and rough them up.....snort.

It's difficult not to be hard on yourself.  I just took pics of myself and updated my avitar.  Even though I could see the 20 lb weight loss I still thought ugh.. when will I like how I look?  Everyone at work comment on my weightloss.  So does my family but it's so hard for me to appreciate it. 

Do you ever look at people that are over weight and wonder... Am I fatter than this one or smaller?  I've even asked my hubby that question when I see a fat person and he looks at me like I'm insane.

Diane

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 6:34 am
Diane...

Oh trust me I can understand the being hard on yourself  I will encourage all of you and be supportive but alone I am hard on myself. Those that really know me know that and often want to kick my ass.

This weight loss journey is crazy as many say they can fix our stomachs not our heads. It is hard to see the changes in our bodies we look in the mirror and still see the "fat' self. You did right taking photos that is how is how I see mine and the clothes I wear. You will in time have it all catch up and appreciate it. You arew doing an amazing thing for yourself and it is the wildest ride of your life.

Before surgery I would see heavy people and think I am not that fat am I? Most times yea I was I just didn't want to admit it. Then in recent months simce surgery my view changes I get sad thinking I was once that heavy not long ago at all. I struggled to climb those steps or had to have that front door parking spot. Your not insane in time you will also find a silence compassion for those that are heavy.

Hang in there!
DianeMarie
on 8/16/08 6:45 am - Delmont, PA
I do feel compassion for people struggling with their weight....but it's so hard to be lienient on myself.  I get angry and frustrated with myself.  I wonder how I could have loved food so much that I let this happen.

I guess I have to work on forgiving myself and look towards the future.  I know I need to be proud with my weighloss so far and stop looking at myself and thinking...it's not enough.  I have to be patient and know those lighter days will come.

Diane

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 6:58 am
You look great in your new avatar!

If you find the answer to why you love food let us all know..Me it is simple it taste good and the badder the better. I still love food I have already licked my friends Pringles then let him eat them Now that is a friend. If my freinds are eating something I should not have i ask them to let me smell it  or let me watch them eat it.. (yes i am a nut)

You are gonna do great on this journey your presurgery attitude is amazing!
Patricia R.
on 8/16/08 11:33 am - Perry, MI
Diane,
When ignorant people would say I don't need the surgery because I am not fat enough, I would say, I cannot shop in the normal department stores for clothes, so that makes me fat enough.  When I can shop in the normal department stores, I will be normal.

I used to get pissy and give smart answers.  That usually discourages the a**holes from talking stupid with me.

Hang in there.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 8/16/08 6:10 pm - Delmont, PA
Can I say... I can fix my fat.... unfortunately we cant fix your stupid! 

Thanks for the support you always give me Trish.  I really appreciate it.

Diane

peace013061
on 8/17/08 8:20 am - Connellsville, PA
The only thing said to me so far is "so your going to take the plunge".
Sounds like a commercial .....LOL!
As for questions i may get down the road it kinda depends how the person asks them. If they are pushy .....i will be etc.
I catch a look at myself in a window and want to just smack me for letting my weight get this bad. I also look at other heavy people and think am I that big when in actuality i am bigger. I am super hard on myself and am my worst critic.

Tough times don't create character tough times reveal character.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views