please remind me again

Shan08
on 8/15/08 7:08 am - the Skook, PA
I THINK I can safely say that you all don't walk around feeling sick or anythng all the time, or constantly obsessed with what you are doing or taking in, RIGHT???

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
jdruski
on 8/15/08 7:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Shannon,

I don't know what is prompting the question but during my journey I have, at times done all of those things.  If I had strange stomach sounds or pains I immediate thought it was because I was altered.  In the very beginning I was obsessed with measuring, labels, how much I drank, the amount of protein.  Once I got into a schedule, I was fine and sometimes wish I could be a little bit more compulsive.

Hope this helps!!!!

Jeanne
jackie j
on 8/15/08 8:10 am - Glenmoore, PA
Wrong-O!   Hell, I'm obsessing right now cause I've fallen off my wagon a bit and gained some back.   Obsessing needs to be looked at as a good thing and so does feeling a little sick (at least this early out for you).   Is it or is it not making you pay attention to yourself???    I've had so many things going on with so many folks in my family this last year that my "reaction" has been to stress eat when I should have been "proactive" for myself and obsessed on my proteins, exercise, water, and vitamins.   Now, I'm in a pickle and none of these folks I stressed over can get me out.  It's just me and my tool.  My tool helps me cope.  It's always there for me.  I should never have forsaken it.   I've learned.

This point in time is all about you and for the next 4 mos. it should stay that way.  Now, that said, use those 4 mos. to get your **** together, make some new habits, get in tune with a body you may never have known very well and follow your program steps until you accept the responsibility of this new life and make it your future.  About that time you'll start seeing changes you've only dreamed of and they will excite you and carry you further on.   It all gets way easier down the road if you make good habits in the beginning.   

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Nicole0216
on 8/15/08 9:10 am - Lancaster, PA
It is your job to obsess right now. Unfortunately the further out you get the less adepth at it you get. I need a healthy dose of obsession right now as well as Jackie. This is something you have to stay on top on forever or you will slide back. But you are fine and it will all get easier and less overwhelming.
Pam Hart
on 8/15/08 9:44 am - Easton, PA
<-------- obsesses all the time!

You are less than a week out - you NEED to be obsessing!!  And feeling sick - well - that is part of the territory as well especially early out.  The more you walk the better you will feel.  Make sure you are sipping sipping sipping small amounts at a time.  It does get better.

For the rest of your life you will need to worry about how much protein, did you take your vitamins, how much fluid, what kind of exercise have you done.  It get's "easier" down the road as you kind of already know how much protein and what not - but as nic said - it also makes it "easier" to slip and fall and eat things that may not be great for you (carbs vs protein or what have you)

If the sick feeling is to much for you - call your doc and ask.  I found I felt pretty good exactly one week after surgery.  Day 6 was my worst day ever post op - but suddenly day 7 I was like a brand new person!  I still battled with some annoying pain and got fatigued pretty easy - but was ok otherwise.

Hang in there - this too shall pass!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
J. M.
on 8/15/08 9:55 am
<------------ Also obesses on a daily basis.

I like that, Pam!

~ Jen   

GD_007
on 8/15/08 11:35 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Shannon - we're just a few weeks apart so I have recent memories of what you're talking about.
If you’re getting ill and sick – call your doctor, period.

A few times I've certainly felt hungry but, after reviewing my food journal, it jumps out at me that I've not been taking in enough protein.  If you’re not keeping a food journal I highly recommend starting.

I do obsess about the water thing because I've been walking outside in the heat and sweating.  I also obsess about bowel movements - have I had any, what were they like, am I passing gas....kind gross, but it's true.  I'm also "adjusting" to social eating settings including at home.  For example, my wife did some food on the BBQ, all healthy foods, but it was tough smelling it and knowing I could not eat any.  I sat at the dinner table, had my protein shake, while they had a nice BBQ.  We also went to Panera Bread (running errands and the girls had to eat) so I sat there – participated in the discussion but only drank water. Very tough - but psychologically important to get use to. 

Feeling sick - well, and I'm going out on a limb here, I saw your other post about Slim Fast....it might be the sugars that are giving you some issues.  Seriously think about getting those 42g Whey Protein vials or some protein powder to add to your broths and such.  Again, if you think you're getting sick too often for what you consider normal for your body - call your doctor.

Here are some web pages:
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/ids-new-whey_liquid_protein.h tm

http://www.profect.com/

Trust me - Full Liquid diet is a bit better than the Clear Liquid Phase you are on now.  There is more selection (like yogurt and V8) and the recipes in the book are good.  It does take me about 1hr to finish a shake since it "expands" to about 16.9oz (500ml) after being in the blender.

If you have any more questions or want to talk one-on-one shoot me an email.

-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views