I must be crazy

kimmiep621
on 8/15/08 6:57 am

I think i fell off my wagon here.     I have been feeling alot better about myself even with the little amount i lost so far,   and i've been looking for a job, preferably at night.  one day i was driving home from my moms house and saw them opening up a planet fitness in trevose,   so i thought what a great idea, i can work to earn $ and it would give me even more motivation to work out.   so i filled out application online and they called today,  i have interview on wednesday.   now i'm freaking out a bit.   If i get the job great, if not thats ok too,  but i keep thinking there is no way they are going to hire a woman who still weighs over 200lbs at the moment.     eeeeeek    tell me i'm not crazy

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

lauraanne715
on 8/15/08 7:12 am - Pottstown, PA
You are not crazy!  Besides that is discrimination if they don't hire you based on your weight--besides what a great success story you will be for them as you continue to shrink and shrink and shrink!!!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/08 7:15 am
I think you would be the perfect person to hire as you lose weight you can inspire others to keep working out.  You are a fun,sparkly beautiful woman so they would be nuts not to hire you. Good Luck on Wednesday you are gonna do great...

And as for crazy No comment!

**hugs**
kimmiep621
on 8/15/08 7:23 am
awe thanks girls

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

jackie j
on 8/15/08 7:35 am - Glenmoore, PA
Soooo, this is where you market yourself.  This is where you come right on out and tell the person interviewing you, "I used to weigh XXX"  "I've lost 70lbs, how much have YOU lost lately?"  Chances are the musclely person interviewing you has NO CLUE what it is to lose that kind of weight.  This is where you ADVERTISE that you know where their client is coming from and how to get there (their gym) and you know YOU will get there too.    It's all in the promotion and the perception and attitude.   You're not crazy, you will Rock!!    Go get'em tiger!  

"This is not a paid advertisement for WLS or Successing"  hehehe, love my own jokes.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Lesley G.
on 8/15/08 8:25 am, edited 8/15/08 8:25 am - Allegan, MI
I agree, you'd be a great example!

And as for the crazy, hmmm... I also have no comment! 
Pam Hart
on 8/15/08 9:47 am - Easton, PA
You are NOT crazy!!  What position are you applying for?  And you can tell them on the interview that you've already lost weight, your new dedication to a healthy weight management plan, and that you want to be there to encourage others who may not have the confidence to continually work out.  You don't have to mention the surgery if you don't want to - and you don't have to mention any of the other stuff either - as Laura said it would be discrimination if they didn't hire you based soley on your weight.

Good for you for being able to do this - put this in your book of wow's because really - would you have the courage a few months back to even apply there??

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
*Jennifer Juniper*
on 8/15/08 12:15 pm - Philly Girl, PA
No you are not crazy! Go for it! Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
GD_007
on 8/15/08 12:18 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
I agree with everyone else.  You will bring a perspective that is needed in the gym environment.

Go for it and good luck!
Patricia R.
on 8/15/08 3:04 pm - Perry, MI
Planet Fitness is not like other gyms.  Their target clientele is not the buff bods that are at those other places.  They are marketing to us normal people who are not the typical gym types.  You may be just the right person for the job as you sell yourself in understanding their target customer.  You are probably being hired for a position where you would work at the desk and sell memberships.  I am a member, and they are wonderful people, who care about their members. 

Go to the interview and knock them dead with your enthusiasm and smile.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views