OT - Flea Bombing the house??

Liz R.
on 8/15/08 1:09 am - Easton, PA
OK So I have 2 kitties about 1-1/2 years old and a new little kitten that we just took in wednesday evening. WEll they are all indoor kitties (kitten was found abandoned but is squeaky clean after his bath) Other 2 never go out. I have been invaded by fleas - I have been trying the powder and spray but nothing is working, except for traumatizing the kitties!

Tomorrow I am going to flea bomb the house - the kitties are going to go in the basement in a far room with towels under the cracks and all the windows/doors open.

I know I have to cover the fish tanks with blankets and the plants go outside, Oh and I have to vacuum really well afterwards.

Anyone have any suggestions? This is the first time I have had to deal with this!

Oh and I have that revolution or whatever it is from the vet to put on them tonight too.

Thanks in advance!

Liz
BlancheJackson
on 8/15/08 1:17 am - Butler, PA
Sounds like a good plan.. I put my kitties in the garage and bombed the entire house... I even used extra bombs.. wanted to get all the little buggers!!....  Make sure you have no dishes or anything on the counter... and you will need to wipe down your counters really well afterwards.

I used to have to do this about twice a year.. spring and fall... and my cats NEVER went out... we just bring the little buggers in with us!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Liz R.
on 8/15/08 1:18 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Blanche! I'm not doing the kitchen (linolium floors) but I will still stash everything and clean the counters real well afterwards - guess I should also mop the floors.

Doesn't this sound like a great way to spend a saturday? lol

Liz
jackie j
on 8/15/08 3:09 am - Glenmoore, PA
I did the same as Blanche, used a little extra, disinfected anything WE might use after, but I took the kitties out as I wasn't sure if vent system in house would expose them downstairs.  Also, little kittens can't use Frontline (don't know about Revolution but just doublecheck it; there is a weight or age limit, can't remember which).    Good Luck w/it.   How's Mom doing?
Liz R.
on 8/15/08 3:12 am - Easton, PA
Jackie - thanks! I wasn't going to give it to the little guy - believe it or not he LIKES baths!

Mom is getting better every day thanks, she is tired, sore and gassy but things are starting to move and get back into their groove. She gets liquids today so hopefully they sit well.

Thanks agian!

Liz
kimmiep621
on 8/15/08 3:33 am
we are bombing our house tomorrow too, ugh i hate it.   what i found from last year is that if you have window AC  cover up the vents, i didnt know that and it went in my system then we got little sick the next time we used it,   

i have oil heat but my brother the plumber said that if you have gas heat you have to turn off the gas just incase so you dont spark a fire,  but not 100 % sure

i wish you luck tomorrow,   i know us we have to wash all 4 pets w/flea stuff before we do it so we can hopefully stop it, kill them all in same day, 

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Nicole0216
on 8/15/08 6:34 am - Lancaster, PA
I have never had to do this, but I know someone who did and they got their cats very sick because they did not remove them far enough and long enough from the fumes.
Good luck with your flea war.
lovely2lqqat
on 8/23/08 6:08 pm - harrisburg, PA
Personally, our pets never had them. We have always used Frontline on our pets all year long.  My vet recommended that we use it every month in the summer and every other month during the winter. He also said that if you wash your pets in dish detergent this will kill the fleas in which is on the animals until you can get or afford flea medicine. If you go to your vet there is something they have wich is an aerosol that you spray over you home and then v *** My neighboors next door said it works very well. The flea bombs just make them hide however, the aerosol you are able to spray all over and they can't get away from that.

Good luck! I know they can be a pest(no pun intended)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views