OT Pray for my family

Nicole0216
on 8/14/08 2:04 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hey all. I wanted to see if you would say a prayer for my sister and my neices, Mt step niece has continued to get in trouble, drug use, defiance etc, she is 15. They have decided to put her at a therapuetic place called Oak Ranch. Not only is it expensive but she and her husband are distraught at having to make this choice and of course megan is fighting it and telling them that they are ruining her life and throwing her away etc. Then my  bio niece also 15 has OCD which has taken over and she is unable to do simple things like get dressed because the OCD is so bad, They are trying to keep her out of the hospital but they fear they will have to committ her to get her stabilized as she is so incapacitated and bordering on psychotic. This is alot for one family to have to deal with at once. My sister is a 5 year post op and she is struggling with a 40 lbs weight gain. It has been one thing after another and she is now dealing with the fear and shame of her weight gain as well. Please just pray for them, I fear she and her husband may not make it through this and I fear for the girls as well.
DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 7:22 pm - Delmont, PA
You are all in my prayers.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Nicole0216
on 8/14/08 11:53 pm - Lancaster, PA
thank you Diane
Liz R.
on 8/14/08 9:15 pm - Easton, PA
Nicole - that is an awful lot for any family to be dealing with - positive thoughts and prayers are going out their way and yours!

Liz
Nicole0216
on 8/14/08 11:53 pm - Lancaster, PA
thanks Liz I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Patricia R.
on 8/14/08 9:16 pm - Perry, MI
Hey Nicole,
I will pray for your sister's family.  I work in a psych hospital part time, and understand the teens have so much trouble sometimes.  Plus, I was a teenager who probably should have been hospitalized on more than one occassion.  I got lucky, I guess.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 8/14/08 11:54 pm - Lancaster, PA
thanks Trish. When it rains it pours i guess. But really these girls have been needing help and my sister has been in denial so I guess she needed this. Sometimes it takes big things to get our attention
dit657
on 8/14/08 9:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Prayers going out right now to you and all of your family - this is a lot to deal with and I really feel for your sister, too - having to deal with all that and the weight gain is terrible for her, both mentally and physically, but something we can all relate to and understand. Am praying that things turn around for the girls soon. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 8/14/08 11:55 pm - Lancaster, PA
thanks so much Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/08 9:54 pm
Absolutely, Nicole. 

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views