Still here, Still waiting

Melanie B.
on 8/14/08 10:38 pm - Doylestown, PA
Hi everyone,

I've had a nutty week of travel but I wanted to check in (from rainy cold Colorado Springs)

There is still no definite answer to my liver cysts situation. Dr. Marymor says he does not believe anything changes, but he is still waiting to recieve the films so he can review with a GI doc. I plan to give Barix a call today to see if they have been received yet.

So, barring any changes, I am still on schedule for 8/25.

Aside from the liver thang, I have been ORDERED to lose 10lbs prior to surgery....so even though Dr. M doesn't require liquid diets, I think I have no choice but to put myself on one starting Saturday. Hopefuly that will be all I need to get the job done

Then there is my friend, Cindy CPAP. I am plugging away but still need 50 hours! YIKES! I wear it every night for about 4 hours...sometimes more - however last night my nose was so stuffed (hotel airconditioning) that I only got 2 hours in and that screwed me up. I was very stressed out about that - but I know w/o a doubt I will get my hours in come hell or high water. I've come too far to let anything derail me.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

M

Liz R.
on 8/14/08 10:44 pm - Easton, PA
Melanie - sorry to hear that you are still waiting too! I hope that Dr M gives you an answer today.

I had to loose 9 pounds in 6 days before surgery - protein shakes were my friend.

Good luck with the CPAP - it will all be over before you know it!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 8/14/08 11:09 pm - Easton, PA
I had gained weight from my initial consult to my pats.  I needed to lose I think about 10 pounds...I actually don't quite remember the number now.

I went on a full liquid, sugar free, fat free diet with allowance of one "meal" a day that was protein and veggies only.  I ate sf/ff pudding, sf jello, crystal lite, broth (although I did limit that due to high sodium), dannon lite and fit yogurt and lots and lots and lots of water and tried to up my physical activity as much as possible.  I lost the required weight plus 5 pounds - and the day of my surgery I had gotten my period - so I also know that I was retaining fluid and lost more than that probably. 

I'm sure you will get all your things in!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/14/08 11:45 pm - Boothwyn, PA
M - hope they find out whats going on with that cyst today and get that resolved for you.

You can lose the weight - it will be so beneficial for you going into surgery. Don't know what to tell you about the CPAP - I know they're not fun to wear - I had to wear one - but it did make a big difference in my breathing for surgery and all, so try to get those hours in.

You're gonna do great - can't wait to make room for you on the loser's bench!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tracyb330
on 8/14/08 11:53 pm - Temple, PA
Hi Melanie.
I'm sorry to hear you are going thru all this. I think doing a liquid diet before surgery really helped me get thru the withdraws. I see that it was a good thing. (at least now I do). I hope your surgery date doesn't change.

Good luck.
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Lesley G.
on 8/15/08 2:13 am - Allegan, MI
I hope you get the "all clear" from Dr. M, and you're able to proceed as planned.

I'm not required to, but I'm doing a modified liquid diet now, similar to the one that Pam described.  It hasn't been too bad, and I figure it will get me ready for the post-op liquid diet and the additional weight loss would be nice, too.

See you at Barix in 10 days!

Lesley

New_Beginnings_36
on 8/15/08 4:32 am - PA
Melanie - I hope you get some answers soon. Don't worry about the 10lbs, you can do it :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Nicole0216
on 8/15/08 6:38 am - Lancaster, PA
I am sure it must be very hard trying to be patient and wait. I am sure that they will get back to you soon, and the fact that he is still wiling to move forward at this point is a good sign I think. In order to lose the weight I think you are looking at a fair amount of liquid protein in your future. I would do that and avoid foods that make you retain water.
GD_007
on 8/15/08 12:13 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
I know the CPAP issue.

The machine doesn't know when your sleeping or awake.  Therefore, wear it all the time.  If you're watching TV, wear it.  If you're spending an hour on this message board, wear it.  If your reading a book, wear it. 

I was behind.  I actually spent a whole afternoon on it....it sucked, but I got caught up on all my Tivo recordings!

You are 100% correct - you've come too far to let the CPAP derail you.

-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views