I Guess 3 Out Of 4 Ain't Bad!

Lesley G.
on 8/14/08 1:00 pm - Allegan, MI
Thanks Diane!  It really does feel like Christmas.  And as the day gets closer I get more and more excited.  I'm nervous too, but only just a little.  I feel like the time has flown, and your time will fly by too and you will have your date very soon.  How cool is that?!! 

Lesley
EileenWalton
on 8/14/08 7:55 am
I also had the nuclear stress test before surgery.  It was very easy on my part....just lay on the table while they scan your body, sit in a waiting room for about a half hour, back to get scanned again, lay while they inject you with the drugs, and then it's done.  Some people feel dizzy, nauseous, etc.  Not me....I was fine.  The whole procedure takes about 3 to 4 hours though, so be prepared.
Eileen

DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 9:19 am - Delmont, PA
Since I am on my feet all day at work and I walk 2 miles every evening I think I'm gonna try the treadmill one.  I really dont want to be at the hospital longer than I have to be.  I also have to come home and get some sleep.  I work overnight that night and need to be at the store by 9PM.

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
cleos_mom
on 8/14/08 1:11 pm - phila., PA
every time I have to get a stress test, I get have to use the tradmill its not that bad.
I used to have to get 1 a year since I had a heart attack 6  yrs ago now i only have to go every 2 years. you will do fine.
Susan
DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 7:25 pm - Delmont, PA
Susan,

Do you feel your weightloss has improved your health? 

Diane

cleos_mom
on 8/15/08 11:25 am - phila., PA
YES, I am no longer taking my BP medicine ,no water pill, nothing for my cholesterol, and I am taking 1 pill for my diabetes when I used to take 6 pills  a day just for my diabetes,.
I don't ever remember feeling this wonderful, I excercise mostly every day and I can run, I feel 20 years younger.
When I recently had blood work done at my PCP's office when they called they told me my blood tests were normal now that is odd for me, before surgery my  A1c was 10.6, I had to get it down to 8 in order for them to do the surgery well I took a lot of medicine for those 3 months and now without medication my A1c is 6.7 it hasn't been that low in over 10 years.
 I am sorry I didn't do this sooner
Susan
GD_007
on 8/15/08 12:47 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Diane,

I had the stress test before as well.

I agree with your assessment and saw one of your other posts (you walk 2+ miles a day and such).  Do the treadmill if you have the option.  They just get your heart rate up to a certain amount then maintin it for a short time.  Although it feels like a long time when you're doing it.....counting down 10 seconds always feels longer on a treadmill :).

3/4 ain't bad....and you'll see paradise by the treadmill light!!

-GD
DianeMarie
on 8/15/08 1:29 pm - Delmont, PA
I think you are the only one that caught my "Meatloaf" reference..Snort

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA