I Guess 3 Out Of 4 Ain't Bad!

DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 5:23 am - Delmont, PA
After working all night and fasting I went to westmoreland hospital to have my upper gi, stress test, ekg & chest x-ray done.   We were not sure if I would get the stress test done because they found out yesterday that the stress test needed precertification.  So we went and a woman named beth from the hospital told me to keep my cell with me and she would let me know if she could get the precertification in time.  So I had my chest xray and then went for the upper gi.  That was nasty.  I had one before and knew what to expect.  I drank the thick barium too fast and they had to get me more....UGH!  I was so tired it seemed like a forever between tests.  She contacted me and told me she got the certification and to go down to where they do the stress test.  She said they could give me my ekg there also.  So we went and sat and waited.  Got registered again and then someone came out and said I couldnt have the stress test because of the belly full of barium.  I told her they knew about the upper gi when they scheduled the stress test and it wouldn't be a problem.  Well it was.  SOOOOOOO I had to reschedule that for next wednesday morning.  She wouldnt do my ekg there like they said so I had to go back upstairs and wait.  My husband and I were so tired at this point because we both worked an overnight shift.  They finally came and took me for the ekg.  We left the hospital and i got home close to 11 AM.  I came home and crashed and then picked up my daughter from work.

So next wednesday I have the stress test.  They said it could take anywhere from 2 1/2 hours to 4.  They said if I can get on the treadmill it will take less time.  I'm gonna go for the treadmill lol..
Anyways.. That's my whiney day in a nutshell.  Anyone here have to have the stress test before surgery?

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
dit657
on 8/14/08 6:17 am - Boothwyn, PA

They wanted me to have a stress test but I was too heavy for their treadmill at the time and too heavy to have the nuclear test done, so they just did some kind of heart ultrasound. Guess I lucked out on that one?

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 9:11 am - Delmont, PA

I look at your picture now and can't imagine you being that overweight.  You look wonderful!

Diane

dit657
on 8/14/08 9:38 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Honey, I can't believe it either, but I was THAT FAT. When I got weighed at Barix at my initial consult and the scale said 388 and I realized I was only 12 lbs away from the 400 lb mark I almost passed out. Its amazing how much we can kid ourselves into thinking 'I'm not that fat'... This surgery has literally saved my life - in more ways than one!

I feel wonderful now - that's whats so great - looking better certainly has its benefits, too!!

Thanks - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
ldillabough
on 8/14/08 6:49 am - Burlington, NJ
Diane,

I had a Nuclear stress test that has to be done in two days.  They found something wrong on my EKG.  The frist time they just injected the chemical and took pictures.  The second they injected the chemical and then I had to do the treadmill.  I had an asthma attack but I made it for the length of time they wanted, they just had to wait till I stopped coughing before they could take the pictures.  If you have hills near you start walking up them to get in some pratice.  They found nothing wrong and that my heart worked just fine.  They told my I was asthmatic but I've know that since I was 25 and I'll turn 51 on Sunday. You'll do just fine.  Remember don't look at you feet when your doing it!

Lisa
DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 9:13 am - Delmont, PA
Hi Lisa!

That was one thing I worried about today while they were doing tests... would they find a spot on my lungs?.. what if there is a mass in my stomach? what if there is problems with my heart in my ekg?  I kept thinking... please dont find something that's going to hinder my surgery!

Diane

Nicole0216
on 8/14/08 7:09 am - Lancaster, PA
Ugh I had to do the nuclear stress test. I am so thankful that is all over. I had forgotten abuot that. You are right 3 out of 4 aint bad. It is probably for the best to have a break before you have to have that test done it can be hard on ya.
DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 9:15 am - Delmont, PA
I am so thankful I didnt get the stress test today.  I was so tired and being on a tread mill or even just staying for a long test would have been awful.  All I wanted to do was to go home and get sleep.

Lesley G.
on 8/14/08 7:34 am - Allegan, MI
I had to do a nuclear stress test as part of my cardio clearance.  They did the chemical one, not the treadmill one, for me.  It was a very weird experience, but I was glad to find out that I have a good heart and I was very happy to get clearance from the cardiologist for my surgery!  This, too, shall pass.  Good luck with it!

Lesley
DianeMarie
on 8/14/08 9:17 am - Delmont, PA
Lesley,

Wow I just saw your date!  I'm so happy and excited for you.  I can't wait to get my own date.  It will feel like christmas.

Diane

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views