Torani Vs. Da Vinci

Pam Hart
on 8/14/08 4:59 am - Easton, PA
Hi guys!  I use SF Da Vinci syrups OFTEN.  None of the places by me have them so I order online.  I have used various sites and the last order was from lollicup.com 

I am running dangerously low on them and also happened to get an email from them so I started parusing the site getting ready to order (gotta wait for a paycheck first)

I noticed they also carry torani sf syrups.  The DaVinci is currently $4.99 a bottle and the Torani is $4.25 a bottle.  Even with the current sale of 25 cents off each bottle of DaVinci when ordering a few at a time...the Torani is just a little *****eaper.

For those that have used both - are they comparable? 

Just wondering what I should order....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jdruski
on 8/14/08 5:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam,

Good price on both.  I buy mine from Netrition.com.  They are 7.49 per bottle but there is one time shipping fee, I think it is around $5.00.  Because of the weight of the bottles the shipping is usually where they get you. 

I have started to use the syrups with plain water, then freeze it in the freezer.  The watermelon and the mango have turned out to be my favorite.

I don't find there to be any difference in the brands, but I found Divinci has a larger sugar free selection.  I also like that they are switching some of their more popular flavors to plastic bottles. 

I am getting ready to place another order for the fruit flavors. 

Have you ever visited their website?  They have some really good recipes.

Jeanne
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/08 6:49 am
I have both and like both....same thing, different package as far as I am concered.  Their banana is YUMMY (cant tell you which brand).

HG
Jackie Smith
on 8/14/08 7:31 am - Coatesville, PA
Hello,
I like the DaVinci syrups best.  I usually stock up when I am in OR.  I get them from Cash and Carry for about 3.50 a bottle.  I just cheked my supply and most of mine are not SF.  Bummer.  I would like to find them locally for a good price.  How is the shipping through the company you order them from? 
Jackie
Pam Hart
on 8/14/08 10:20 pm - Easton, PA
I don't remember off hand - but I do remember it being quite expensive.  I might look at some of the other web sites others mentioned to see if the increased prices outweigh the shipping prices.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jdruski
on 8/15/08 10:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jackie,

I just bought 6 bottles of all fruit flavors for 49.89 including shipping and handling.  I will have them by Tuesday.  I have started to use them with water as a change from the Crystal Lite.  The fruit flavors are really good in frozen water.

Jeanne
BellaNell
on 8/14/08 9:51 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
 Pam,

I have found both Torani and daVinci SF syrups at Marshalll's, TJ Maxx and Ross...Wegman's also carries daVinci and the prices are the same.

Good luck on your quest.
rita61677
on 8/14/08 10:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
i purchased the da vinci ones - just wanted to let you know i bought 4 bottles (24 oz??) for $9.99 on ebay. ebay has ALOT of WLS friendly stuff.
jdruski
on 8/14/08 11:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Rita,

I am experimenting.  As most of the stores that carry it you don't have the large selection of flavors.  But my experiment is to compare the shipping and handling.  About how much was your total order after you added the s & h. 

An OT I think we should have a name for our group on Richmond Street as we are now 4 GBS'ers.  There is also another lady down by the playground, who doesn't post on here too much.

Jeanne
rita61677
on 8/15/08 6:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
jeanne - all together with shipping it was $24.00 for the 4 bottles.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views