wednesday's update

Liz R.
on 8/13/08 8:51 am - Easton, PA

Hey there all! Well I was at Barix bright and early this morning - 5:45 and left around 10. I had my endoscopy, Dr Boe said that there are "polyps" in my pouch that are most likely the scars from previous ulcers but all looked good. They gave me a shot of B12 and Thyamine (sp??) and whisked me over to ultrasound. They took an ultrasound of the area where the pain is and the tech went to look at them to make sure they were ok - she came back and asked if I minded if she did a few of them again - of course I am OK with this, so she re-did them saying that there was a "shadow" in the area of the pain. Well I no sooner get home and I get a call from Toni asking for consent to send my file over to St Mary's to have them "compared'. I must say that makes me a bit nervous but I will wait and hopefully hear something tomorrow.

Mom is doing good - Dr said that everything went well and she should recover completely and quickly!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Liz

ktreavis
on 8/13/08 9:49 am - PA
Liz -

I will continue to keep you in my prayers until you find some answers.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 8/13/08 10:12 am - Easton, PA
Hey Liz,

I will be thinking of you and hope the shadow is nothing - and glad everything went fairly smoothly today.  Just as an fyi, thiamine is b1 so you got another b vitamin shot.

Good luck and glad mom is doing well!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 8/13/08 11:27 am - Lancaster, PA

You continue to be in my prayers

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/08 12:47 pm

Liz,

I am so happy to hear your mom is doing well.  Keep us updated on the results of your ultrasound. 

Heather

Lesley G.
on 8/13/08 1:44 pm - Allegan, MI
I'm sorry I missed you at Barix today.  I hope they are able to find some answers for you very soon.  You're in my prayers as well.
Lesley
Liz R.
on 8/13/08 9:22 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone! I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything from barix.... I am hoping that it is this morning even though Toni is off today.

Liz
dit657
on 8/13/08 9:41 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Liz - well, I know you didn't get all the answers you're looking for but hopefully they'll have something more concrete for you today or tomorrow. How's your pain? Are you still having trouble eating and all? This has been a long process for you - I hope and pray its over soon.

Happy to hear your mom is doing well - that's one less thing for you to worry about!

Keep us posted - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 8/13/08 10:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Liz,
All of the waiting for answers is enough to give you an ulcer.
Will say a prayer for you, Tammy

Dennis Belk
on 8/13/08 10:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Liz,
Just keep hangin'.
Glad to hear things are good with Mom.
Dennis
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!