Who's getting their excersise groove on?? Wednesday Edition

lauraanne715
on 8/12/08 10:19 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning Everyone!!

Well it looks like it is supposed to be another beautiful day!  So I hope we all get a chance to enjoy some part of the day outside!!

I just did my hour on the treadmill and will probally just do some stretching this afternoon because I will again be in my classroom setting up and rearranging furniture! Let me tell ya that tires a girl out!! I went to bed at 8 pm last night I was sooo tired!!

But now I am sipping on my protein drink before I get ready to go --Let me ask you guys :  Do you have protein drink/breakfast (or any meal) before or after you work out??  I keep thinking maybe I am doing it backwards but I just can't eat or drink protein and then get on the treadmill or do a DVD as my tummy will hurt and I'll feel sick so I just drink it after and figure all the calories burned will even out eventually....What do you think??

Anyways what is your excersise game plan for today?

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 8/12/08 10:44 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Laura - I was up early and on my bike - did 6.8 miles (30 minutes) and got a good work-out in. God bless you for doing an hour on your t'mill - I could go longer on my bike but I'd have to get up in the middle of the night to do it!

During the week I wake up, dress and get on my bike, then shower and get ready for work, walk the dog, then I'll have my shake (or breakfast). I can't do protein shakes too soon after waking because they don't sit well in my pouch that early. Weekends are a little different since I walk the dog first, then come home and have a shake, then work-out. But not immediately after drinking it - I usually wait about 1/2 hour.

I don't think it really matters to our systems when we have the shake, as long as we don't feel bad from it - if sipping yours after the work-out is better then that's what you should do.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 8/13/08 1:45 am - Reading, PA
took Lorelei and a friend's 5 year old to the park... and then going to take Lorelei to a different park tonight... so for now that is the exercise stuff besides cleaning for today... seeing if taking a break from the gym will help break this strange stall i'm in...

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/08 2:28 am
Laura,

It's best to have some protein AFTER you work out.  The protein is going to assist in building and repairing muscle.  It can be cheese, a protein bar, protein shake, slice of chicken....what ever you like.

As for my exercise.....I went to the gym last night!!!  Yay for me!! (I was feeling pretty lazy lately even though I have been doing everything BUT sitting around).  I did 15 minutes on the bike and then 20 minutes on the treadmill and finished with some stretching.  It certainly wasn't an Olymic worthy work out, but I did some running and got my heart rate up and did some sweating....all good things.  I will go back tonight. 

Thanks again for keeping the post "running."

HG
rita61677
on 8/13/08 4:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
wELL WE JUST GOT BACK FROM A 4 HOUR WALK AROUND THE PHILLY ZOO. I DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS THAT BIG - I HAVENT BEEN THERE IN A WHILE.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views