a little wow moment..for me

BlancheJackson
on 8/13/08 1:12 am - Butler, PA
Hey!   I've been there before... but yesterday it got rather chilly here, so I decided to put on a pair of jeans.  Well, I grabbed the wrong ones.. jeans I haven't been able to wear in a couple of months cuz they got too tight... and the went on EASY!  I was thrilled!! 

It was definitely some motivation to keep up the good work.. now if I can just get some exercise in.  I love to walk, but there are no sidewalks around here and even if that's ok for me... I have a 15mth old granddaughter who has to go with me... and it's really not safe for her..  So... I need to check into driving to one of the nearby developements and walking around it!!   I love to walk.. and it's the only exercise I can really keep up!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

dit657
on 8/13/08 3:00 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on the great wow moment - its wonderful to hear that someone as far out as you from surgery still has wow moments and enjoys them!! Keep up the great work! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/13/08 3:28 am
Grab a shopping cart and start walking the big stores.  You don't need to buy anything, just grab the cart for support and maybe put the grandaughter in it.  I did this for my first year.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/08 4:37 am
Most malls open early for walkers and that is a decent work out...Even at night during the week most malls are kinda empty to walk at a decent pace.

Congrats on the jeans!
Pam Hart
on 8/13/08 10:23 am - Easton, PA
Thanks for continuing to inspire all of us!!  You are doing a fabulous job getting yourself back on track!!

I know you will be checking out the local neighborhoods - are there parks by your house you could go to?  That way you could walk and then maybe chase the 15 mos around in the park or play with?  Some parks even have walking tracks and what not, too.

Keep up the great work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ronni5468
on 8/13/08 10:56 am - West Middlesex , PA

You go girl! To bad we don't live closer I like to walk also.

Ronni

jovigirl
on 8/13/08 12:06 pm - washington, NJ
Congrats on your wow they are all so motivating.Not sure where in PA you live but I just got home from the Philly Zoo & Franklin MIlls talk about walk walk walk even my kids legs are sore.

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

BlancheJackson
on 8/14/08 2:14 am - Butler, PA
I live in Butler...about 50 minutes north of Pittsburgh... maybe we can get together some time... I really want to take my granddaughter to the zoo... it would be a Great!! walk...

email me at  [email protected]

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/08 12:43 pm
That's great Blanche!!  It's such a great feeling getting into smaller clothes...especially when we don't expect them to fit!

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views