I got it! WHOOP... plus need advice hehehe...

Shannon O.
on 8/12/08 4:54 am - Reading, PA
Yesterday I finally got the phone call... I am now the director of babysitting at the exeter's gold's gym... now I need prayers on when they will open... yeah crazy... but I have heard a lot of different dates and the manager is very stressed over this as well... so pray they open around Sept 1st... right now talk is get floors done... move stuff in... work on the rest that needs to get finished once it is open...

Also, need advice from you all... I started to follow the advice from the nuts... and gained 5 pounds... argh... so I'm not sure what to do... they told me that I need to hit 1000 to 1200 every day and what I burn off from working out... I need to eat until I hit 1000 or 1200... so I work out for 2 hours at the gym doing an hour of lifting and then an hour of cardio I could be burning off 500+ calories... don't know about you but I am really having a hard time hitting that goal of 1000... so I have cut my exercising down as of yesterday to see if that helps... so any advice would be great!! And I am putting in another call to the nuts about this as well...

lauraanne715
on 8/12/08 5:36 am - Pottstown, PA
Shannon--
Congrats on the job!!  Woo hoo!! What a relief that must be! I am really happy for you!  As for the excersise ...I don't know what to tell you except call the NUTS and tell them that their advice didn't seem to work last time.  Hope that gets all figured out too!  Congrats again!!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Shannon O.
on 8/12/08 9:45 am - Reading, PA
Well right now the nuts are at a loss right now... I told them all my body was screwy... no one believed me back before surgery... this is just proving it right lol...

and thanks for the congrats!

dit657
on 8/12/08 5:42 am - Boothwyn, PA
Woo Hoo Shannon on getting the job - that's awesome!! Now quit fretting about the other stuff - it will come in time and just at the right time.

Not sure what to tell you about the nuts advice - did they say why they wanted you hitting those calorie goals? Were you having trouble with your proteins? Well, you'll get it worked out.

Again, congrats on the getting the job - I know that's a huge relief!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 8/12/08 9:37 am - Reading, PA
I'm meeting all my water and protein goals... so that isn't the issue... and they don't seem to understand why I gained 5 pounds in one week... and it isn't being bloated or that time of the month lol... so they told me to not make up the calories I am losing to exerising and just keep at it... it just is hard when you have stalled for about 2 months in the past and then they say oh don't worry about it... that soooo doesn't help lol...

evrblue
on 8/12/08 10:37 am - McConnellsburg, PA
  Shannon,
Congrats on the Gym Job! You'll have some fun with the kids I bet. I know you were super worried ab getting a job, I'm glad this came through for you!
I hope the rest all works out for the good~

Pam Hart
on 8/12/08 10:51 am - Easton, PA
Shannon,

Congrats on the job - everything will fall into place as far as opening times and what not.

As far as your question - I have no idea.  I would play around with food/calories/carbs and see what you come up with yourself.  I know for me personally, carbs especially from things other than dairy and fruits/veggies, slow down my weight loss.  If you believe your body is "screwy" than you might need to figure this out yourself and what works one month might not work another month so just keep playing around with your menu and your food options.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/13/08 12:24 am - PA
Shannon - Congrats on getting the job!! I hope they open soon and everything falls into place :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/08 12:56 am

Congrats on the job Shannon I kow how much you wanted this! Time for things to take the upswing!

Shannon O.
on 8/13/08 1:50 am - Reading, PA
amen to things needing to be on an upswing around here lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views