Burping during meals

dawgpound215
on 8/12/08 3:14 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
As I am eating my meals I develop gas and the only relief is to make my self burp. Has anyone else had the same issue? Any advice? Kinda not polite if guests were around but its the only relief from very uncomfortable chest gas pain.....
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/08 3:18 am
I have aquired a Piggy Pass (frommy 5 year old neice)so when I burp at meal everyone understands. Yet for me when I burp I am full and stop eating.
ronni5468
on 8/12/08 10:53 am - West Middlesex , PA
That is to funny Beth. (A piggy pass)

I also burp when full. I sound like a macaw. Just one loud burp. LOL

Ronni

dit657
on 8/12/08 3:32 am - Boothwyn, PA
Since just about everyone I know knows I've had WLS I just tell them up front when eating 'I'm going to say this once 'Excuse me', because I'm going to burp like crazy while I'm eating!' - they all laugh and understand and of course being raised with manners I still tend to say excuse me each time I do it, then they tease me about that. But its all in good fun. My granddaughters really get a kick out of it, much to their mother's annoyance!!

I think having to chew so slowly also allows a lot of air into our systems which causes gas, and watiing between bites. I hope it goes away some day but I'm not sure it will.

Don't be uncomfortable - burp into your napkin if you have to! And remember, in some cultures burping is a sign that you're enjoying your meal.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jdruski
on 8/12/08 3:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
Do what makes you comfortable.  At least the gas is not coming out the other way.  Your digestive system has been altered and you are still a newbie .  I went through hiccups in the beginning and then my stomach would make such loud noises and now after two years I am back to the hiccups.  It is usually an indication that I am done.

Just let them rip, better to bear the shame then to bear the pain.

Jeanne
sbrunell
on 8/12/08 3:57 am - Bensalem, PA
Sorry, no burping issues, but if I make it to next week's Barix meeting, you might not want to sit behind me!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

jovigirl
on 8/12/08 4:08 am - washington, NJ
HHHMMMMMMMMM?MAybe some of our koolaid could help you out
I was told burping is a sign we are just about full.I have noticed if I eat beyond the burp I start sneezing uncontrollably for a minute or two weird huh?

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Shannon O.
on 8/12/08 4:47 am - Reading, PA
I had that issue for about 3 to 4 months... I don't have that issue now... so it does get better...

joldaker
on 8/12/08 5:24 am - West Bradford, PA
I dont usually end up burping until the end of my meal then its a good 10 to 15 minutes of little burps. I use that as a cue that I am done eating.

I sometimes seem to be filled with air. LOL

Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
dawgpound215
on 8/12/08 5:44 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
My burping starts almost as soon as eating begins....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views