seeing the plastic surgeon

mystic_dragonfly
on 8/12/08 2:43 am - Lock Haven, PA
I'm going to be seeing the plastic surgeon in a couple of weeks and I'm a little nervous. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what I can expect. Do they take pictures and things like that? I have watched many shows about people going to see a plastic surgeon but I'm not sure what to expect. Also can you tell me how many different procedures they can do at the sametime? Thank you....

mystic_dragonfly     Dr. Udekwu, Dr Moya and Jen Gallo is the best!!!!!!!

dit657
on 8/12/08 3:34 am - Boothwyn, PA
Unfortunately I'm not anywhere close to seeing a plastic surgeon yet, but would be very interested to hear how your appointment goes if you're comfortable sharing that info.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jdruski
on 8/12/08 3:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi,

Make a list of questions that you have ahead of time.   Wear comfortable clothes and be prepared to have pictures taken.  If it is possible have your PCP write up a letter of medical necessity.  Make sure that he/she uses the term reconstructive surgery not plastic.   I wrote my own and had the PCP sign it.  Also, if you can get documentation from your GBS about the amount of weight you have lost and where you are on your journey.

Have a list of any medications that you take. 

If you go in with all your documentation when they submit the pictures and paperwork to the insurance company you will save time and energy as the insurance company will want to see it.

I understand different PS  and insurance companies have different proceedures.  I am giving you the information that worked for me.  There is a copy of the letter that I wrote on my profile.

I had my appointment in late October, approved in 3 weeks and my second panni, and two hernia repair in January. 

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jeanne

A
mystic_dragonfly
on 8/12/08 3:44 am - Lock Haven, PA
thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it. I am hoping my insurance company will be nice about this. I have lost 178 pouinds and I have scolosis so all this hanging skin is doing a nightmare on my back. It is stopping me from exercising the way I should. So I'm hoping it all goes well.. thanks again 

jdruski
on 8/12/08 3:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations, you have done great.  Yes have the PCP document that the hanging skin is preventing you from continuing on in your journey   I am still 75 lbs. from goal and had my second panni.   My little letter flew all the way.  If I had to wait for my PCP to write it I would still be waiting.

You will feel a world of difference.  What are you looking to get done.?  

Jeanne
mystic_dragonfly
on 8/12/08 4:16 am - Lock Haven, PA
I  am mainly worried about the hanging skin on my back and stomache. I have bat wings but I know the ins co will not pay for that even though it feels like the fat in them is starting to ball up and cause me pain when I lift and srop my arms back down. My breast have really dropped also and it is causing alot of pain on my neck so i don't know if they would consider doing a breast lift. Pretty much anything that will help me be able to get back into exercising like i should be. I'm afraid if I can't exercise like i should the weight will come back and I don't want that.

bcutekitty
on 8/12/08 10:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi iam also heading to the plastic surgeon in 2wks and iam alittle nervous of what to expect,i have my letter from my pcp,pictures hoping that all works i want a tummy tuck and a breast lift and want them both done at the same time i have lost 90 pounds and iam 22 pds from goal  

jdruski
on 8/12/08 11:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Kim,

Who is doing your PS?

Jeanne
bcutekitty
on 8/13/08 1:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
iam going to see William Scarlett my ob/gyn referred me,do you know of anybody/who did you go to i did call somebody from Penn that my cousin in laws sister used but they dont take insurance 

jdruski
on 8/13/08 2:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey,

I had Francine Cedrone.  Both she and her hubby are in practice together.  She takes all insurance.  I liked that she was my age and real dynamo.  She is part of the PA hospital team.  Schuricht sent me to her.  I also used Dr,. Lo but he does not accept insurance of any kind.

I really loved Francine, the office staff is great, ins. person is a little moody but you don't have to deal with her that much.  Francine and her hubby also have an active practice on the Main Line, so you know they got to know what they are doing., lol.

The after care was great.  Having had two panni's I can tell you that portion of the surgery is easy.  The hernia and the wound infection were something else.

I will be returning to her once I have my knees replaced.  She reallly works with you to get you where you want to be,

Good luck Kim.  You know where I am if you need anything.

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views