***Tuesday Morning Roll Call***

lauraanne715
on 8/11/08 10:39 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning!!

Hope everyone is looking forward to the sunshine! Let's remember Liz and her mom in our thoughts and prayers today!!

I don't have much on the agenda today just going into my classroom to continue the set up and then coming home and doing some straightening around the house.  I know I lead a very boring life!! LOL

Anyone doing anything exciting?

Have a great Tuesday!!

Luv
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Pam Hart
on 8/11/08 11:34 pm - Easton, PA
Sorry I can't lend any excitement to the Tuesday.

First I want to go over last night.  Hubby took me out to "The Melting Pot" which was one of my all time fabulous pre surg restaurants.  It's a fondue restaurant.  They have cheese fondus, meat fondus, and chocolate fondus.  Pre surgery we would order a double order of the cheese, have a salad, and then a double order of the chocolate.  And we would finish every last bit of it.  We wouldn't do the meat because we would get "to full" by the time dessert came and why have meat when you can have chocolate??

Last night - we had a single order of the cheese (served w/ bread, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, apples, and carrots)  I had 2 pieces of bread (like 1/4 inch cubes), then carrots, celery, and apples.  Did dip into the cheese.  I'm sure it wasn't low fat cheese - but I ate so much less of it.  Then I had a salad.  Then we ordered the meat dish. We've done that once before - but ordered it with the batter and oil fondu priror to surgery(fry at your own table basically)

I had 6 shrimp, a few cubes of sirloin, and a cube of chicken.  All cooked in a vegetable broth. Along with some veggies.  We did order dessert.  A single order of the chocolate.  It is served w/ cheesecake, oreo and graham cracker covered marshmallows, rice crispy treats, brownies, strawberries, and 4 round disks of banana (four banana slices)  I had a total of 2 strawberries (they are cut into fourths.....so I had 8 pieces) and two slices of bananas.  I dipped ONE strawberry into the chocolate just for a taste. 

Now - I understand it wasn't low fat cheese and that it was regular chocolate.  But I am so happy with the way last night went.  I didn't feel deprived. I didn't feel sick afterwards (pre surgery I would leave there so stuffed I would actually be sick feeling)  I got to dress up in a pretty dress and wear makeup and feel beautiful.  I couldn't wait for the meat portion - because I knew it was all high quality protein simmered in a good for you broth.  And the taste of the chocolate was just enough. 

Ok...moving onto today!  I have to cook some chicken breasts and some ground meat today for the rest of the week.  We went to costco yesterday - only we're a little short on freezer space - so I couldn't fit all the meat in there.  I already had a package of chicken out - so both need to be cooked.  At least it will make the rest of the week easier.

Then it's just hanging around the house - will lay down later this afternoon for a nap and it's back to work tonight.

Enjoy - it is gorgeous out right now!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 8/11/08 11:59 pm - Pottstown, PA
Pam--That dinner sounded amazing!! Now I am hungry!!  LOL  It is so great that you were able to go out and enjoy the night out!  You deserve it and now you have the tools and the mindset to do it well and within moderation.  That is wonderful!  Glad you had fun!!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 8/12/08 12:41 am - Boothwyn, PA
Morning everyone - my day is fairly quiet again at work which is great since I've had 2 long personal calls this morning! One is an old co-worker/friend who works from home now and I know she gets lonely, and the other was my older sister who now lives in Florida.

My older sister (Vicki) and I have always been extremely close, and always extremely heavy together. We also always swore we would never have surgery to lose weight. Well, she moved to FLA over 2 years ago and I piled even more weight on with missing her, going thru a lot of health issues with my mom and having to deal with all of it on my own, and having the rest of my co-workers in this building move to another location - talk about feeling lonely? And you all know what I did - ATE. Piled on an additional 30-35 lbs in that 2 year period so I knew I had to do something.

That being said the surgery is kind of a sticky subject between Vicki and I now, because I doubt she would ever commit to it - her love of eating and sweets overpowers her wish to be thin. And Vicki works out a lot - and is otherwise healthy compared to what I was.

She did ask me how I was feeling and I told her really good - I don't boast about my weight loss (I think my mom does that when she talks to her) but it is always an uncomfortable conversation for me because there are constantly little digs coming from Vicki about my size and all now - I honestly think she wants to be happy for me but isn't sure how.

And now a lot of my friends are also getting on the fitness band wagon - 2 just joined Curves, one is doing Jenny Craig, and I think its wonderful - I don't know if I'm their inspriration or they just got tired of being heavy (they're not nearly as heavy as I was), but I'm happy for them. Now Vicki is feeling like the 'fat one' of the group and actually said so.

So what do you say to that? I don't know how to respond - I just told her that I had to do this for my health - her health isn't bad like mine was - I have bi-lateral knee replacements - her knees are fine.

And I absolutely refuse to feel guilty because I weigh less now - I've always been the 'fat one' in our group and I'm not anymore, and I love it!

Kathy

ps: Sorry to have gone off on a tangent like that, but its very frustrating sometimes...and the last thing I want to do is eat!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/08 1:21 am
Kathy,

First off go off on us here because we understand it and get it! Just think a short time again this would have you grab food instead of let it out so I applaud you venting. 

This made me cry a little bit because I too have been the "fat" friend for years alonf with the "fat" family member. I am shrinking and love it when I am alone but feel awkward with everyone because it shifts the title of "fat " Friend to someone else.  

I have one friend that keeps giving support but I see her digs in it and this close to smacking her in the mouth. Then I have another friend who comments all the time about my weight loss then going on how she is finding everything I lost. Finally my comeback last weekend as she ate her third plate of food was "At least I know it is going to a good home" Well she even had to stop and laugh at that one. 

Hang in there and you are looking super duper woman!

Pam Hart
on 8/12/08 4:10 am - Easton, PA
Kathy,

I read your post earlier today and didn't know how to tell you to answer to her comment of feeling like the "fat one of the group"

I think the only thing you can do is continue to support her non surgical decision and her working out and if and when she is ready to something else (be it non surgical or surgical) lend your support in that area too.

I'm glad you refuse to feel guilty - and nor should you!!  You've done a wonderful job and I commend you for that!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views