I'm home

rita61677
on 8/9/08 8:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
So I'm now home and doing pretty well. I walked ALOT!!!!!!!!!! havent been passing much gas but been burping so much. I met dianne up there - she did awesome adn was so excited to leave on friday. my back actually hurts me more than anything else. i think its from the bed up there. i have been using a heating pad. i do have a question - i was told i cant wear a bra until my top incision heals bec. it will rub adn irritate it. waht did you all do? i cant just not wear a bra.

also, steve thanks for stopping by - sorry i was sleeping when you came.
tracyb330
on 8/9/08 9:09 am - Temple, PA
Hi Rita.
I'm glad you are home and things went well. It was nice to meet you last week. They never told not to wear a bra. I am off the brace and the surgery strips are off and I'm still find wearing one. Lord knows I can't go around braless...i would trip...lol. I had my surgery open and it was still fine. Good luck.

Take care,
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
ktreavis
on 8/9/08 9:12 am - PA
Hey Rita - I am glad you are home and doing well. I saw you walking the halls but was busy with my sis most of the time. She had a TON of back pain as well. I did get a chance to meet your hubby when he was waiting for you to come upstairs. I think it is great that you have this opportunity to share this journey together. Keep walking and sipping, I just got back from a walk with my sis. Have a great night. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Dianne P.
on 8/9/08 10:29 am - DE
Aweeeee Thanks Rita, it was so nice meeting You, Joanne, and Katie Too, u guys are awesome !!! I actually spent the afternoon at the mall walking, Dover Mall isn't that big, got bright pretty pink nails on, didn't get the toes done, was too busy. I love being on the losers bench.  Pam at Barix called today to see how I was doing, told her I was going to get my nails done she laffed and said I knew u would be roaming around. I also asked her about you guys and she said u all are going home !!!!  Yeah the bed there was difficult especially when ya have a sleep number at home. I actually slepted in the recliner till 4am and then went to bed. I certainly did enjoy getting more than just 1 hour that they allow ya. lol The nurses and staff at Barix are top notch in my book !! let me know if you guys are going to the support group meeting I will take the drive.
Miss ya'all and see u guys soon !
p.s I am not putting a bra on for nothing, been wearing sundresses for 2 days.
Pam Hart
on 8/9/08 11:00 am - Easton, PA
Welcome home!!

Dr. P told me not to wear a bra as well - but I ended up wearing one early out as it felt better to have the girls off the incision as opposed to them hanging on to it.  Do you have a bathing suit you could wear possibly under your clothes?  That might help.

Sounds like all of you had a good transition to the loser bench, welcome aboard!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 8/9/08 11:14 am, edited 8/9/08 11:15 am - Levittown, PA
Welcome home, Rita!!  Glad everything went well.  Welcome to the loser's bench.

I don't remember being told not to wear a bra, but it didn't matter anyway, because I didn't go anywhere for like a week.  So the girls were hanging :)  Do whatever feels comfortable to you and you'll be fine.

Congratulations on beginning your journey!!

Karen

sbrunell
on 8/9/08 1:10 pm - Bensalem, PA
Well, I tried. I guess I will have to meet you some other time.  If I didn't have my appt, I would have met the family, since they were just above me  on the sign in list.

Sorry, I can't help w/ the bra issue. If you are a Seinfeld fan, I gave up my "man"zierre a long time ago.

Ok, maybe I can offer you some help here. I can't tell the difference. I look at boobs one way or the other.  It's just what us men do. we are programmed that way. My wife finds it funny that I can't tell real or fake by looking, even if it's a mom at pre-school who is 5 ft tall, 110, and had D cups.  Oh well.

But at least 1/2 the population won't know.....and in the end, no one will really care. I do remember my wife strugging w/ that issue though.  I believe she wore a sports bra instead. Maybe some of the babes on the board can help you there. I tried.

Maybe next time i try to meet you, you won't be sleeping.  J/K. 

Take care,
Steve
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

rita61677
on 8/9/08 10:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA
steve - are you and the wife going to the post op meeting next week? we will be there for sure. my daughter is oging to the philies game that night with her godparents whihc worked out well for us bec. we wanted to get to the meeting.
CherylT
on 8/9/08 11:30 pm - Perkasie, PA
Welcome home!

:)

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/08 1:11 am
Rita

SO glad things went well and you are home!  As for the bra Dr. P didn't tell me not to wear one but I wore a soft cup bra no wires for like 3 weeks but that was the first incision to heal and has healed the best so far go firgure. 

Glad all went well! 

**HUGS** 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views