introducing myself too!

izzyboo
on 8/9/08 7:54 am - PA
hi everyone!  my name is beth and i live in northwest pa.  i will be having gastric bypass surgery with dr anita courcoulas in pittsburgh on august 21.  would love to hear any advice or anything that those of you who already had it done might have for me.  luckily i have 1 good friend who had it done and she is helping alot.  good luck to everyone here and i hope to be a good member!

beth
Pam Hart
on 8/9/08 11:02 am - Easton, PA
Welcome to the pa forum - this is a great group of informative people!!

Just do what your surgeon says and if you have any specific questions, go ahead and ask!

Don't stock up on anything pre surgery - after surgery you very well may find that you don't like it any more (or like it one day and hate it the next!)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 8/9/08 11:11 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Beth,

Welcome!!!

Don't forget to take before pictures of yourself the night before surgery and do lots of measurements.  I know Pam was big on this.  I never did and I regret not doing it.  So I would definitely recommend doing that.  Because when that scale doesn't move, people always say that instead of the pounds lost that they lost inches in that time frame.

You won't be sorry that you've made this decision.  It is the best thing I could have done for myself and I am grateful every day.  I've lost over 180 pounds in 9 months and I feel AMAZING!!!  Just do what you're supposed ot do and you'll be fine.

Good luck to you.  And welcome again!!!

Karen

GD_007
on 8/9/08 11:43 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Beth,
Welcome to the group.  Best of luck on 8/21!!
-GD
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/08 12:58 pm
Hi Beth.  Welcome to the PA boards.  You will do great if you follow your surgeons instructions.  Support is key in this journey.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Everyone here is great and will jump in to help you out. 

Heather G
evrblue
on 8/9/08 1:02 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
Welcome! Everyone on this board has been very friendly and there is a ton of good info on here. Good Luck and Best Wishes for your WLS journey!

CherylT
on 8/9/08 11:27 pm - Perkasie, PA
Hi Beth! Welcome! I will be thinking of you on the 21st.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/08 1:39 am
Welcome from one Beth to another!

Best Wishes on your journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views