what to eat at knoebels

mystic_dragonfly
on 8/9/08 7:01 am - Lock Haven, PA
Hi everyone. I am heading to Knoebels tomorrow and was wonderig if anyone that has had WLS been there yet this year? It is my husbands company picnic and of course they provide lunch but there aren't really any choices for me. So what I'm wondering if anyone knows if they have added some healthier choices to any of their food stands or would it be a smart idea to pack my own stuff. I am 11 months out as of yesterday and I do not eat the standard picnic foods, ( ex. hamburger, hot dog, baked beans). Can anyone help me?? Thank you in advance...

mystic_dragonfly     Dr. Udekwu, Dr Moya and Jen Gallo is the best!!!!!!!

bubble273
on 8/9/08 11:07 am - Levittown, PA
Hi,

I was there last year and I hadn't had surgery yet and I know they have a ton of food places that have all kinds of different foods.  They have salads and grilled chicken.  One place had chicken parm, which I know the cheese wouldn't be low fat, but you should be okay with it for one day.  I really don't think you'll have a problem finding something to eat there.  For extra protein, I would bring a protein bar and some other protein snacks with you.

My husband just had his company picnic and they had BBQ chicken.  I can't imagine that your husband's wouldn't have some kind of chicken dish.  But I wouldn't worry about it too much, because like I said, I know Knoebels has lots of food choices.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Karen

Pam Hart
on 8/9/08 11:08 am - Easton, PA
I can't help you with knoebels specifically.  I can tell you that Great Adventure in Jersey most stands have things like salads with grilled chicken and what not.  I would still suggest packing your own food - worst case scenario is that you end up not using it and they have stuff you can eat.

Good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views