Philly question

sbrunell
on 8/9/08 1:17 pm - Bensalem, PA
My brother just came to visit, and it's his first visit to the philly area. he went to the Liberty Bell,etc, and wanted a cheesesteak, We went to Steve's Prince of Steaks in the NE of Philly, since the lines at Pat's and Geno's was waaay too long w/ a cranky 2 and 5 year old.

Anyway, I am sure the fat is atrocious, especially w/ wiz...but I ate 1/4 of the sandwich.  I didn't feel ill, so I figured it was ok.  It won't be a regular thing.

Anyway, are there other foods where I can eat just a little? I got the Barix list (outdated) of the best fast food choices.   We don't really go out because we are terrified that they won't make our food right.

Anyway, have a good nite. It's time to turn in!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

CherylT
on 8/9/08 11:22 pm - Perkasie, PA

Going out is hard to deal with and fun at the same time. I have gone to Applebee's, Olive Garden, Chili's, Iron Mill brewery, Miller's Smorgasbord, and a wonderful place in Lancaster, a something something tavern inn, of course I can't rem. the name, but they had the best sourdough bread I have ever had, and the best french onion soup. These trips have been all post-op. As I begin to learn how the weight loss works, and accept it, a lifelong process for me, I am finding myself wanting to make healthier choices when I go out, because I will see a better outcome in my weight loss and health. Travelling and restaurants are the biggest temptations for me. I get all excited, and reserve and sensibility just goes out the window. The big test is coming up next week, we leave for CA on Friday, and I need to feed two daughters and still make good choices for me. I feel more in control than I did months ago, though, so that's good. Also the more I lose, the more I want to keep it off. Alcohol is a big temptation for me too, and loaded with calories, which means I have to trade off healthy foods and proteins for two or three drinks if I don't want to go over my 1,000 a day calorie limit. Sometimes it is harder than balancing my checkbook, and more painful. Keep up the good work and be good to yourself.

:)

jjs1981
on 8/10/08 1:10 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
I frequent the Texas Roadhouse in Bensalem from time to time and usually get an 8oz. Sirloin with mash potatoes and chili. I eat the cup of chili as an appetizer and then eat about a third of the steak and potatoes and take the rest home. Might not be the best thing for you, but not too bad and it's plenty of protein. I also get the grilled snack wraps from Wendy's or Mcdonalds sometimes or maybe a wrap from Wawa.

Consult           Day of Surgery          Currently        Goal
 282lbs                270lbs                     168lbs          165lbs?
2/7/2007          12/7/2007                  10/18/2008

*Jennifer Juniper*
on 8/10/08 7:18 am - Philly Girl, PA
At my 6 week post op appointment I was told if I can tolerate it I can eat it. Of course I make decisions that will not sabotage my surgey, but I eat everything in moderation. Im down 70 pounds in 3 months starting at 257 and I am not deprived nor do I have cravings or head hunger anymore, half the time I forget to eat if I don't eat by the clock.... I treat myself here and there now that I understand what a treat is.... I respect food now I don't take advantage of it. Eat to live, don't live to eat and when you treat yourself at least for me I am satisfied with the small amount of whatever treat I have I don't have to over induldge or gorge myself to enjoy a treat I now know the difference of enjoying food and just putting food in my mouth. Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
oobiebus
on 8/10/08 7:32 am - pottstown, PA
Hey Steve,always remember  you can always have eggs out,most places have breakfast all day long,I am in the same boat as you,my hubby loves to eat out and i usually sit and ponder thru the menu and go,I can eat any of this but usually i can find something even if its salad! wendys chili is great with cheese lots of protein,and most places you can just order an appetizer, Hope it helps,Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

GD_007
on 8/10/08 12:53 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
I've not tried it yet (only 2 weeks post-op) but the Medical Card I was given from Barix has a note on the other side for restaurant managers explaining our restricted diet/stomach size.  Has anyone had any luck using that and only being charged the Children's or Senior's price?

-GD
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/08 10:55 pm
I have not whipped out the card but have explained my surgery and gotten a few exceptions made for me. ...The weirdest one was at the Linc that they let me keep the lid to my water I bought they do not give you the lids I explained I had to mix protein in my water and shake. THen promised to not ping Kenny Chesney in the head with the lid. She really didnt smile with that added comment but I laughed!
dit657
on 8/10/08 10:40 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Red Robin just opened a restaurant by me and I always loved their burgers - now they have a 'protein burger' on their menu - its a big burger (more than I can eat) but it came with cheese, tomato, onion and was actually wrapped in lettuce - no bun. And they served a small salad on the side. It was a little dry so I had to put some mayo on it, but all in all it was a pretty decent choice for a place like that.

I have found that almost all the chain restaurants will do special orders for you - Ruby Tuesday will serve me a burger without the bun - stuff like that - because I don't eat bread - just no appetite for it. Haven't really had a cheesesteak craving either - I think dumping on fatty stuff just scares me too much.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views