GB Sludge and WLS

Gail M.
on 8/9/08 12:38 am - Scranton, PA
   My recent episodes of pain is due to GB Sludge.  Got scanned last night and sure enough....it's sludgie.  I didn't have any GB issues prior to surgery.  Has anyone experienced this problem post WLS?
Gail

Pam Hart
on 8/9/08 1:54 am - Easton, PA
Me, personally, no.

But Dr. P puts her patients on urso after surgery and I assume that is because there is risk of gallbladder problems after surgery.

Had you ever had your gallbladder scanned prior to surgery?  I'm wondering if you just didn't know it was sludgy (this takes time - it doesn't happen over night) and now that you don't absorb the fat you are eating and the gallbladder is working harder to remove it - I wonder if you are just now feeling the effects?

Good luck and feel better!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Gail M.
on 8/9/08 2:11 am - Scranton, PA
Pam,
   I did have my GB scanned prior to surgery.  The funny thing about it is that I am an US Tech.  It's a very tech dependent process plus since I was so big it was probably a suboptimal study.  I didn't check the original scans images.
   Do you know anything about this URSO Forte?  I've been trying to find out if this helps move the sludge out after it has formed.  Maybe I just need time for it to work.  Even if I have chicken, I get sore in that area.  At least I came to the root of my problems.

Pam Hart
on 8/9/08 4:01 am - Easton, PA
No - I don't know much about the urso  Maybe Dr. P would have some insite on it since she prescribes it......

Good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 8/9/08 8:15 am - Doylestown, PA
Ironically I just had this conversation with Dr. Marymor on Thursday. He also gives his patients Actigall (same as the other stuff you're talking about) for 6 months post op.

He says that anytime you loose weight rapidly such as is the case with WLS you can have GB issues.

Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views