I'm done

Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 9:59 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Mama Trish!  Yes, I'm 27 (28 in December)  I was very careful on the artist and studio.  I used to go to a place my friend used - but it's by Bloomsburg, pa, and I just didn't want the added trips up there.  The place I found is right near my house and is immaculate and has a great reputation.  I also watched her set up the first time around and was very impressed - she used sterile technique as you would see done in a hospital OR so I was pretty confident.  She keeps her iPod in the room for music on a sound dock and even had sterile drapes for that as well.

Any tattoo has deep meaning for me.  My first one was the "star of life" (the blue star on ambulances and what not) in honor of my medical profession field (first as an EMT and now as a nurse)  I said I would always be a healthcare provider.

My second one was the traditional "tramp stamp" location - it is a celtic band with a heart as the center.  My maiden name was "Hart" and Brian's heritage is Scottish.  I told him when we got engaged I would never ever put his name on me (I am superstitious) but I wanted something that combined the two of us as one - so that is what the artist came up with.

The fairy in a bed of flowers is a symbol of transformation and growth for me - so that's why it was my goal tattoo.

I did talk to my parents tonight.  Surprisingly enough - I didn't get much flack and they asked where it was and what not.  They haven't seen it yet - and I'm sure they will be surprised by the size of it - but I guess they figured they lectured me enough with the first two - and I'm gonna do what I want anyway.

I don't think I'll be getting anything else done at least for a long while.  Once we have kids I want to add on to this one - stars or something surrounding her one for each one or perhaps their zodiac sign in a cloud.  I have lots of time to decide on that, though LOL  Thanks again.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 8/9/08 12:30 am - Delmont, PA

Hi Pam!

I am not defending your parents.  I just want to say this.  Once a mother.....ALWAYS a mother.  My kids ages are 22,19 & youngest turns 16 this month.  Growing up my parents were very strict with me.  I hardly did anything without going into great detail and a background check on who I was doing it with LOL.  Alot of times they just refused to let me do it.  I always told myself that I would be less strict with my kids.  In most ways I've achieved this and in other ways I've failed miserably LOL.  If my kids ask me if they can do something with their friends I say sure!  But I make sure I know who they are with.. where they will be & what time to expect them home.  I've spoken about my daughter Deidre (22) on this board and her sucessful weight lost.  She's planning within a few months to get her belly button pierced as her reward.  I am concerned about this because she has sensitive skin.  I'm worried about it always being infected because of this.  She still has problems with her ears being pierced.  So being an over protective mother I reminded her about the sensitive skin she has and the problems she still faces with her earings.  I got the "oh mother eyeroll" from her.

It's hard letting go.  Just know their concern comes out of love for you.  With that being said.  Tatoo & Pierce away darling.. It's your body!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Pam Hart
on 8/9/08 11:03 am - Easton, PA
Diane,

I kind of understand the whole parenting thing - and why they feel the way they do and the fact that they will ALWAYS be my parents...lol

I'm done....for now anyway!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/9/08 7:41 am - Boothwyn, PA
So you're truly a painted lady now!! I know that sucker had to hurt getting filled in - but probably not as painful as facing the parents and showing them! No matter how old we get we still cower under their glares! I got mine 9 years ago - was 41 - and yes afraid to show mom. Dad was probably rolling over in his grave!! But good for you - you' worked hard for it not only in your weight loss but in getting it. Hope it turned out to be everything you wished it would. Can't wait to see pix of the finished product!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 8/9/08 11:05 am - Easton, PA
Hee hee...yea I don't know which one will be more painful - the filling in or showing of my parents!  LOL!!

Thanks!  Hopefully it will be ready for it's pictures soon - this time around the redness is taking a little longer than the last to calm down.  Probably because it was three hours rather than 2 so there was more trauma to the area! 

I'll post when I get the pics!

Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views