I'm done

Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 5:48 am - Easton, PA

....and.....MOTHER OF PEARL THAT HURT!

LOL - I know I know I shouldn't complain - I did it to myself - but I did finish my tattoo today!  I wa****ting my pain level threshold at about 2 1/2 hours and she said "Listen - I've got 30 mins left before it's done, you don't really want to do this all over again for 30 minutes do you?"  And of course the answer was no - so I sat through.

Right now it's pretty red and swollen and what not so I'm not taking pics quite yet - hopefully within the next day or so - but 2 weeks maximum.

I am between 2-3 pounds above my surgeon's goal weight depending on the day and about 5 below where I wanted to hit - so it's appra pro that it got finished today.

I hadn't told my parents about it - they are not tattoo fans at all and are not happy with the ones I have.  And guess who was using a repair shop right down the street from the tattoo parlor I was using?  Yup.  In the middle of it I get a text from mom "you're not getting a new tattoo are you?"  so I responded yep - it's my goal weight reward.  This was via texting.  So then she calls my cell phone - which I sent to voice mail. I couldn't exactly talk on the phone at the moment...so then DAD calls the cell...which I sent to voice mail and then sent out a text "I can't talk right now call you tonight" so I will deal with that saga tonight. 

Just thought I'd share my "fun" afternoon.  Seriously, I'm thrilled....but sore!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 8/8/08 5:53 am - Maple Shade, NJ
LOL, Pam you reminded me of how I hid my tattoo from my mother for the first couple of years I had it. . .  now mind you I was a 30 yo woman when I got it, when it finally got out that I had one, they thought I was nuts, but the truth was I am a bit nuts (lol). . .  my body, my choice and I've never regretted mine and after plastics will decide what to do about getting it redone or something totally new. . .

Congrats on getting it done in so many ways.  .  .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 6:35 am - Easton, PA
ROFLMAO laureen!  When I was hiding this one from my parents brian said to me "You are a MARRIED woman living on your own working a career as a nurse - it's YOUR body and you shouldn't have to hide anything from them..." but as you know - parents are still parents and they have a right to voice their opinions as well (I just didn't want to hear it)  Getting ready to call them now, actually.

Thanks!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jovigirl
on 8/8/08 6:56 am - washington, NJ
Well done on both things PAm.Ican't wait to hit my weight loss goal because I plan on having a portrait of my mom& my 3 kids Tattooed on my back as my reward.And if my mom were still alive she'd freak out.When I got my first at 25 she said I'd end up with aids.Wrong!But then a few months later when she saw my nephew's all she said was "didn't it hurt?"When I asked her about him getting aids she told me to shut the hell up.Lol moms.I guess  they have different ideas for their little girls
I can't believe that this time last years you were still playing the waiting game for surgery & now you are where you need to be that is incredible

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 10:00 am - Easton, PA
Wow - portraits are intense Melinda!!  You know - I hadn't even quite realized that this time last year I was still playing the waiting game - you are so right!!  What a difference a year makes, huh?  Thanks so much!!

Pam
Nicole0216
on 8/8/08 7:08 am - Lancaster, PA
I am so happy for you and I cant wait to see it. I am very close to getting my first tattoo, just not sure yet what I want it to be. I am thinking the work breathe on my wrist my be a good thing as I need constant reminders to stay present and breathe.
Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 10:01 am - Easton, PA
Nifty!  Can't wait till you decide!!  I wouldn't mind something on my wrist or what not - but at work any tattoos MUST be covered at all times - so I would have to wear long sleeves every day and that would just stink....

Pam
oobiebus
on 8/8/08 7:35 am - pottstown, PA
Yeah Pam,You did it! Cant wait to see photos,I have been trying to gather up something for my goal reward but nothing ha**** me yet!was going to do a tramp stamp but have to have tt first,But now i have decided to do a tatt on my shoulder,Yea my boney shoulder that  should feel pretty painful too!Hugs To you Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 10:02 am - Easton, PA
I'm fairly certain just about any place hurts LOL then again, I am a little prejudiced right now!  You'll do fine - can't wait to hear on what you decide!

Pam
Patricia R.
on 8/8/08 9:45 am - Perry, MI
Pam,
How old are you?  You are my kids' age, or so.  If my kids wanted to get a tatoo, I would say, go for it.  It's your body, just be careful about the artist, and all the dangers of Hepatitis. 

My niece got a tatoo when she turned 18.  It is a shamrock.  She proudly said, "I'll always be Irish, Aunt Trish." 

I hope you are able to deal with your parents.  You are a married woman, an adult, let them deal with it.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice.  I could be your mother, so I just want you to know that Mama Trish gives you permission to tatoo to your heart's content.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views