***TGIF Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 8/7/08 2:22 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA and all our other dear friends,
I am up late because I have been sleeping most of Thursday.  I have had a fever since I woke up on Thursday, so sleep, headache, doctor's visit, earache, trip to Rite Aid, fluids and soups have been my day.  That, and Law and Order reruns and watching the Phillies lose. 

Friday my plans depend on my fever.  If my fever is broken and I have no headache, I will be packing for my trip to Michigan via Pittsburgh.  Otherwise, I will be crashing on the couch waiting for my fever to break.  Right now, I am just damp and clammy, but no headache.

So, any prayers and good thoughts would be most appreciated.  If I don't get better, I may have to reschedule my drive to Michigan.  I so want to see the Munchkin, and visit my son in Pittsburgh for a day or so on the way to and from.  Problem is, I have to be back here by Friday of next week because I work at the hospital next weekend.  So, time is not on my side.

Sorry to whine.  I have just been miserable for about 18 hours, asleep most of that time, but miserable all the same.

Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 8/7/08 7:25 pm - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!
Hello Trish and those about to wake up!

Trish I'm sorry you're not feeling well and that its threatening your trip.  It's best to play it safe.  Drink plenty of fluids (If your tummy allows) and rest. I will keep you in my prayers.

Today finds me at work from 6AM - 2:30 PM.  It will be a very active day.  I have to unload and put away the health and beauty order I made yesterday morning.  I never thought I'd like that more physical aspect of my job but it turns out I love it.  As I'm in the back of the store unloading and sorting everything and sweating like crazy I think about how it helps in my weightloss...and it is doing it! 

After work Deidre wants to go hit the thrift stores for some school clothes shopping.  Leave it to me the spend queen to have a daughter that's thrifty with her money..snort    I like going cause my size is changing alot and I look for smaller clothes.  I still gravitate to the bigger stuff so I have to break that habit.

We will probably walk the dogs when we get home or they will not leave us alone.

I hope its cooler where ever you are.  We are going to be in the low 70's the next few days.

Have a great day!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Patricia R.
on 8/7/08 7:55 pm - Perry, MI
Diane,
My last trip to Pittsburgh was in March, around Easter, and it was freezing then.  Actually, it snowed in Michigan that week, and I wrecked my car on the way home because of it.  Figures, the temps would drop again now that I am planning to come to town.  LOL.  Hopefully, not to the freezing mark like last time.  I must be like an Ice Queen or something. 

I am feeling a little better this morning.  So far, no fever.  I am heading to the hospital to get my 2 year bloodwork drawn for my appointment at the end of the month.  I might also find a scale and weigh myself.  I didn't like what it said at my doc's office yesterday, but I think that was fluid from being sick and junk.  Now that I have sweated off a gallon or two, it might be different.  We shall see.

As I plan my trip, I will try to call you tonight.  Maybe we can meet each other sometime Saturday late in the day after I get to Pittsburgh.  Sean says Monroeville, which I believe you are near, is not far from where he lives.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Liz R.
on 8/7/08 8:57 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning everyone!

Trish glad to hear that you are feeling better this morning - I hope the progress continues!

I am still feeling pretty crummy myself. Last night was rough -I was getting a lot of the sharp pains in my stomach. I sure hope that they get the CT scan results to Dr Boe today... they didn't have them as of about 4 yesterday.

This weekend, well lets see Saturday there is a support group meeting at my house - all are welcome! Sunday I am going to hang close to home and work on some projects. Probably cook some things to put in my parents freezer as my MOm is having her surgery on tuesday (to removed the cancered portion of her colon) and well my Dad doesn't cook...

Make is a great Friday and have a safe and wonderful weekend! The weather should be gorgeous!

Liz
Jackie Smith
on 8/7/08 9:37 pm - Coatesville, PA
Good Mornig,
I hope you both feel better as the day goes by. 

Today I am off to work again.  I work 4 days a week as a traffic clerk at the Exton district court.  This week has be pretty slow and that drives me nuts!  I like to be busy.  Yesterday I learned how to do Failure to Respond warrants.  Working on them should keep me busy today.  
Tonight my hubby is going to Musicfest with a friend and I think I am going to go to the pool party at the Y with a friend and all of the kids.  

Barix called yesterday wanting to know how many hours I have on my CPAP machine.  I need to return their call this morning.  I have 113 hours.  I have 5 more nights before my PATS so I should be able to get 40 more hours in.  Plus I will probably take a nap on Saturday.  I am hoping 155 hours is enough at my PATS.  I will have two more weeks of CPAP before surgery.  

Off to get dressed,  Jackie 
Melanie B.
on 8/8/08 1:57 am - Doylestown, PA
Jackie,

At my PATs at Barix yesterday they did check my machine. i had 116 hours and it was fine. It's 200 hours day of surgery. However the CPAP Nazi (she called herself this) came in and told me I need to call next Thursday and give her my hours. As of today I'm at 122 and need 78 more hours which is about 5 hours a night between now and surgery. i really think I can do it.

good luck to you.

dit657
on 8/7/08 9:48 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning everybody - TGIF! I am very sluggish this morning - 2nd day of my TOM and its just draining anymore - but I know by tomorrow I'll feel back to my old self so I can deal with it for one day.

This afternoon we have the wedding of one of hubby's granddaughters - its outdoors at 3:00 so let's hope there are no showers like they're calling for.

Really looking forward to the lovely weather thats in the forecast for this weekend, and being able to go for long walks with the dog - Sunday we're visiting friends and spending the day at their pool - need to get some tan back!

That's it for me - at work this morning then leaving at noon to go home and get ready for the wedding.

Trish - glad you're feeling better - wishing you a safe journey to see the Munchkin - have fun!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 8/7/08 9:59 pm - Easton, PA
Morning all!

It's such a great day out here!  No humidity and riht now at 61, almost "brisk" for me these days, lol!

I'm headed to bed shortly.  I need to be up around 10:30 or 11 the latest.  I believe I have my tattoo appointment today.  At least, that's what I have written down - but they didn't call me yesterday to confirm it - and normally they do - so I'm a little concerned.   I will call before I go - and if I'm not scheduled, try to find out why and see if they can still do me today.  I can only go on certain days because I like to have the night of off from work so that I don't have to worry about being in pain or anything.

After that I'm not sure.  I believe we are going to the inlaws house tonight for a quick visit.  We shall see.

Make it a great day!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
BlancheJackson
on 8/7/08 10:19 pm - Butler, PA
Hey all!! Good morning.  Well...it's been a strange night. As of this morning.. we have to make an quick trip to DE... family stuff..  Ah well.. so is life!!!    

Hey Trish... holler hello as you travel through Pittsburgh.. I'm just about 45 minutes from there.!   Went mall walking in Robinson PA yesterday.. walked for about 30 minutes, then had pizza for dinner.. I know.. not the best food choice, but quick, nutritious, and it fed all of us on short notice as it was after 9 when we got home!

Have a great Friday, ALL!!!!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

bubble273
on 8/7/08 10:30 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Friday morning to everyone!!!

Today has me working on my computer until I have to go to the city for a job at 1:00.  I've been working on a monster transcript that's 300 pages.  The attorney needs it Monday.  So I've been busy the past couple of days trying to get it done.  I don't want to have to worry about having to do too much over the weekend.  It's going to be a busy one.

Saturday my husband and his buddies have entered themselves into one of the largest softball tournaments in the world!!!  It's called the Trentonian up in Jersey.  It's the whole weekend.  And the team they put together is going to be awesome.  If they keep winning, they play the whole day up until like 7:00 at night.  And we have to meet everyone at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow!!!  So I'm going to bed early tonight :)  But I'm really excited for him and hope that they do well.  I'm also excited about the weather, because every other year that he's gone  it's always been horribly hot.  Now I can go and bask in the lovely weather and not worry about whether it looks like I peed my pants from sweat!!!

Well, have a good Friday and an awesome weekend!!!

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views