Hi Everyone---Newbie

pieparty
on 8/8/08 2:04 am - Milroy , PA
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for awhile looking at the main board and this one. And of course checking out all the great information on this site. I am 39 (BD Aug 3), am married and have four great kids. (two by birth, two by marriage 18,17,15,12). the first time a doc told me to watch what I eat and lose weight I was 8, so I am a lifer with the whole weight thing. I have been researching for about four yrs, and I have finally decided to have RNY. I am going to the Weight Loss Clinic in Harrisburg. I go see Dr. Weiger on Mon. I am really excited about this change in my life. I live in Milroy, very close to St College, so that is alot about me. I have a question, All you 30 somethings, How bad was the sagging skin after weight loss? My skin is really good and I have been using moisturizer, and I know to drink lots of water, and do toning exercise. Just wondering what else I could maybe try pre op. Living on SSD I don't think I will ever have the money for plastic surgery. Thanks and I am so glad that I found this site, Ya'll are wonderful. Later
Melanie B.
on 8/8/08 2:14 am - Doylestown, PA
Welcome and Goodluck on Monday

Marlo71
on 8/8/08 2:19 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hello!  Welcome!  I am also going to The Weight Loss Clinic in Harrisburg!  They are very nice. I have been through all the testing and meetings and have my surgery scheduled for Sept 5th, so its all very exciting!  I wish you luck in your adventure, it sure is alot to take in!  This website is great too.  One of my best friends lives in Bellefont!  The State College area is fun!  Well I hope you have a great weekend and feel free to keep us posted on your progress!!!

-Marlo 

Liz R.
on 8/8/08 3:17 am - Easton, PA
Hello and welcome to the PA board! Good luck with the journey!

As for the skin..... well there isn't much you can do - depends on how over weight you are and how long you have held the weight - my Dr's theory is that if there are stretch marks on the skin it isn't going anywhere - that skin has esentially been "Cracked" it stretched so far and thats what the marks are. A firming lotion, drinking plenty of water and exercise will help but there will more then likely still be sagging skin. I am 28 and am having skin issues.

Best of luck and welcome aboard!

Liz
CherylT
on 8/8/08 4:27 am - Perkasie, PA
Welcome!

:)

Laureen S.
on 8/8/08 5:39 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi,

Welcome to the PA board, since you've been lurking, then you are probably already aware that this is one heck of a friendly and supportive bunch of folks!  As a 50something, I can't answer your question from the prospective of a 30something, but I can tell you that while I have hanging skin, I also am blessed with an olive complexion, so that helps some in that it's not as bad as I had thought it would be, heredity also plays a part as well as what Liz told you.  I can live with the skin for now.

So Good luck as you move along in your journey towards better health and quality of living. 

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 5:41 am - Easton, PA
Welcome!  The pa board is a great place for support - good luck on your journey and keep us informed.  Sometimes it can take forever or so it seems - but then all of the sudden, you have a surgery date and wonder where the time went!!

I'm 27 (28 in December) and have some sagging skin.  Like Liz said, there's only so much one can do.  I've had stretch marks since, oh, I was probably about 10 or so and that's where it's sagging.  My abdomen and my upper arms and inner thighs.  I knew my thighs would be inevitable, as I already had a bunch of cellulite there bulging and sagging pre op.  I do a lot of toning/weights/core work outs and I'm sure that has helped - but it's still there.  Dressed people can't tell - and I currently wear a size 4 (still unbelievable to me!!) from a size 24.  I've lost a little over 100 pounds and have about 2 more until my surgeon's goal.

Keep us up to date and welcome to the group!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 8/8/08 7:11 am - Lancaster, PA
Welcome welcome.

Like Dr. B said once your skin is broken ( Stretch marks) it is almost impossible to fix it.

I am 18 mos out and I am about 30 lbs from my goal and I am unfortunately having many problems with hanging skin. Under my arms. stomach, thighs and even my back. It is a small price to pay though.
cagdoll
on 8/8/08 7:34 am - PA
Welcome.............I had surgery from the wt loss clinic in January and am thrilled with the results so far.  I just saw Dr Weiger today and he said I am above average with my weight loss with the band.  Here, I thought I was losing too slow, but he assured me, I am doing real well and to keep up the good work.............I was shocked.  They are very encouraging and are really a nice bunch of people to deal with on a regular basis.  Hope it helps to know that tidbit of info.

Good Luck to you!!
Cheryl
oobiebus
on 8/8/08 7:38 am - pottstown, PA
Hi There and WELCOME!!!!   Everyone here will bend over backwards to help you ,so just ask away,I was scared at first but everyone here is just one big happy family,Best of luck on monday!Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views